• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Charger Topper - Opinion

Looks like a sold car. I can't answer the question but I am sure someone will chime in. Needs a stroker or G3 Hemi and a rallye hood IMO... LOL

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF9EjeXu0VZqvEC06UQ9AgnPjNvhL0yl81kQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

I've never seen SE lenses on a topper. I'm thinking someone liked the look of them better and put them on. Very hard to find in nice shape!

Love it! Reasonable price to.
I have never seen the SE tail lights in a topper either but I believe the hideaways were optional.
I would bye it and drive it as is.
Lose the Mud flaps...

I have never seen the SE tail lights in a topper either but I believe the hideaways were optional.
Lose the Mud flaps...

Hidaways part of the Topper package

Dang that's nice. I'd probably ruin it hopping it up, but I'd be tempted to leave it just like that. A 318 will run forever. Does it have an 8-3/4" or 8-1/4" (?) rear end?

Dang that's nice. I'd probably ruin it hopping it up, but I'd be tempted to leave it just like that. A 318 will run forever. Does it have an 8-3/4" or 8-1/4" (?) rear end?

It would have the 8-1/4 2.76

I have a super solid 72 topper that I am going to be selling once I get it ready in the spring. It was a running driving 318 automatic,car with A/C. Engine and trans are gone. I was going to put a big block in it. The entire front end is rebuilt with poly bushings,new rotors calipers pads and flex hoses,and a new windshield.

100% Identical to how mine was configured except for colors. I bought mine as a daily driver in 94 for $600 and still have it.

This one appears to be paint code 999 (special order) which makes it pretty unique. It does look very original. Would make a great driver. $28k seems a little high for non-performance 3rd gen 318 car, but I am old, and all old cars seem expensive to me now. I might double down and go $1200 on this one :rolleyes: ..... you know.... inflation and all that.

Dual exhaust and SE tail light lenses are adders. Toppers came with the Rallye gauges, which are much nicer than the standard speedo package. All the 318 non-Rallye 72's I have run across came with 8-1/4 axles and either 2.76 or 3.23 gears but I don't know if that was standard or not.

Lose the Mud flaps...
Hideways are part of the topper package on 72

Auto Transport Service
Back