• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Plymouth road runner, did you survive?

MWbirdLOVER70

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, looking for my high school 340 road runner that was sold in Sycamore Il in 1981 red, buckets 1/2 black canopy top. I did post on another site years ago and wondering if she survived

RM23H2G149620 Thanks in advance

My first car purchase in high school was a 72 RR. Was mislead by the seller that it had a 440. Shop teacher broke the news to me that it was a 400. Valuable lesson learned about purchasing used cars.
Best of luck in your search. Great memories in ones high school cars.

Nothing wrong with a 400 RR.

Nothing wrong with a 400 RR.
Car was awesome. First car, high school senior, 60’s on the rear and 78’s up front with a posi. Ace at donuts. And would you believe a 2 bbl carb. Shop teacher showed me it was a HP motor original to the car, but why anyone would remove the 4bbl had the teacher stumped. All we could figure it was 1980 and some previous owner tried conserving fuel.

Car was awesome. First car, high school senior, 60’s on the rear and 78’s up front with a posi. Ace at donuts. And would you believe a 2 bbl carb. Shop teacher showed me it was a HP motor original to the car, but why anyone would remove the 4bbl had the teacher stumped. All we could figure it was 1980 and some previous owner tried conserving fuel.
It was actually very common. It's why 6 pack set ups were 75 bucks complete.

It was actually very common. It's why 6 pack set ups were 75 bucks complete.
I picked one up for $100... Less than a week later I found a guy that had three & wanted $150 for all three... Two had shaker base plates.. Unfortunately I'd blown my free money on the one I'd bought..

I picked one up for $100... Less than a week later I found a guy that had three & wanted $150 for all three... Two had shaker base plates.. Unfortunately I'd blown my free money on the one I'd bought..
Lucky dog. I was young and dumb and had a lot to learn to be a motorhead.

Auto Transport Service
Back