• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Road Runner wheels help

racerx20

Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
First off my eventual setup will be going to 17" Rallye's from Year One but until then I keep going back and forth. I really like my steel wheels/dog dishes but since they are cop wheels they are a little more polarizing. Car is currently setup on Torq Thrust Ds which I like but are just a little to generic for my tastes. What says the forum?

IMG-1621.jpg

VS

IMG-3080-2.jpg

My buddy has the exact same car(but yellow) and has the 17" rallyes. It looks awesome!

I like the cops-n-caps, but I have never seen a car that the gray torque thrusts don't look great on.
If you want something different, and period, (and if you have the budget, they aren't cheap) try American racing 200S, otherwise known as daisies. The 17s look even better than the 15s.
Your car looks great with both current setups.

First photo. Plus you already own them.
17” rallies look good also.

I dont like cop wheels, daisy wheels or TA radials

No to the cop wheels and the caps you have look to be very dull so they get a NO also. I think the TT look outstanding on your car!!
Ron

No to the cop wheels and the caps you have look to be very dull so they get a NO also. I think the TT look outstanding on your car!!
Ron
Yes these are the argent later caps, not polished. Thanks.

If you can get the size and type of tire you want in 17" there fine.
If anyone know of a tire company that furnishes 31" or taller in a performance tire let me know where. I believe the rims are 17x8.

A vote for Steel and Dog Dish.

if needed you can drive a long way on a flat with steel wheels.

Whether it's Torq-thrust, or whatever.... ANYTHING but taxicab wheels & hub caps. They looked like $hit when they rolled off the assembly line, we threw them in the garbage as fast as they came in.

Oh... your beautiful, awesome car is a poster child showing how crappy those grandma wheels & caps look on a stunning performance car ! Whereas, those T-T wheels look GREAT !! That car is outstanding !

"Torque Thrust D'd are too generic so you think you might go to poverty caps on steel wheels"?
There is nothing more than generic than steel wheels and poverty caps.

First off my eventual setup will be going to 17" Rallye's from Year One but until then I keep going back and forth. I really like my steel wheels/dog dishes but since they are cop wheels they are a little more polarizing. Car is currently setup on Torq Thrust Ds which I like but are just a little to generic for my tastes. What says the forum?

View attachment 1308682

VS

View attachment 1308683
I like something chrome to pull the bumpers together. Like jewelry. Size, your choice obviously. Cool *** car, but in my view, lacking "pop"! IMO

I like something chrome to pull the bumpers together. Like jewelry. Size, your choice obviously. Cool *** car, but in my view, lacking "pop"! IMO

Petty blue isn't enough pop?
"Torque Thrust D'd are too generic so you think you might go to poverty caps on steel wheels"?
There is nothing more than generic than steel wheels and poverty caps.
By generic I meant that every other muscle car at a cruise has them. But I get what you're saying.

I personally despise poverty caps and would definitely go with the Torque Thrusts.

I ran the cop wheels years ago but dressed them differently.
20220706_095847.jpg

Petty blue isn't enough pop?

By generic I meant that every other muscle car at a cruise has them. But I get what you're saying.
1) the car ? Absolutely ! the wheels ? absolutely not. 2) that's because back in the day, we threw the stock taxicab wheels & caps in the garbage as fast as possible, and anything looked better

Auto Transport Service
Back