• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 road runner

boydcollins

Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
Got 72 road runner 440 4 speed 355 suregrip, in the shop now, getting some body work and paint. will get pictures soon as i can. not real good with computers so might take a try or two . but was wondering what a 440 engine was worth out of 67 imperial only got 5000 origonal miles on it. may be some one can give me some idea, thanks

Welcome Boyd. Glad to have ya. As far as the engine......Depends on the market where you live, what someone is willing to pay, if it's stuck, spins or even runs. Around here that 440 would probably grab around 300-600 bucks. Closed chamber heads on it would drive that to the high end of the price range.

welcome to the FBBO forum Boyd, the 440 if stock condition & is re-buildable or in good shape or running & is all there $600 or less would be a great price...

Welcome Boyd to the forum... I have a 400 and a 440, both of which is according to casting numbers 73-76 engines, both close to being complete but 440 disassembled with a few things missing the 400 is on a stand waiting for a rebuild. I bought both for 300 dollars and off a Chevy guy who just didn't have any further use for them. There is a local guy here that said he would sell a 440 for 1200 bucks and it should be freshened up, I think thats a might high myself but im just giving you some examples from my area is all, I think that 600 for one is reasonable (stock) going by what i read and have seen sold here and there. Good luck..

Auto Transport Service
Back