• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 72 Roadrunner GTX N96 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ev2 aar

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for sale is my 1972 Roadrunner GTX.It is a restoration project but a very good one to have at that.
To start it is full numbers mathing,runs and drives,most everything electrical works,and has complete documents,..fender tag,broadcast sheet and orig window sticker !!!
B5 blue,white interior,white canopy top.
As I do paint/body restoration,I consider this a very solid car with minimal rust repair needed.Mostly a patch in front of and behind the rear wheels.Does NOT need full 1/4's.And a patch on the outer wheel wells in front of the tires,rest of wheel lip is very good.Beautiful trunk floor,and interior floors.NO rust/rot around the front or rear windows,rear filler panel,firewall,inner fr fenders,frame rails etc.It is a non undercoating car,so the rust you see on the bottom floor pans will clean off real nice when car gets blasted,again,very solid.
As you know for those who have the interest for 71,72 RR'sand GTX's,there were only 672 RR GTX's in 72,219 4speeds,and 453 autos.Those who have A/C never could have N96,so how many are out there real N96 cars?
Strong points about this car for a resto is that it is not some project car sitting with #'s matching motor that could possibly be seized or cracked block,but runs and drives.Real airgrabber car,great color combo,all documents you could wish for,and as those know 72 RR's....the grill is MINT !!!!! All N96 parts are there and working !!!!Airgrabber bubble is mint !!!!PS cooler still there,orig rad still there,coolant overflow bottle is here,and have correct 72 only HP manifolds.
Now,tons of extra parts that come with car:

orig 72 rust free 1/4 for the patches
orig pass trunk floor ext out of rust freee car
another rr bumper
another trunk lid
another set of rust free ariz doors
rust free pass front fend
mint orig paint lower frnt valance
another hood,satellite
hood hinges
holley carb(car has a brand new edel on it)
orig 72 HP maifolds
window trim
another instrument cluster w/tach
2 jacks
does not come with the aluminum outlaw rims,car has the rallys as in pics on it now.

Forgot to mention the interior,obviously needs to be restored,everything is there,steering wheel is real nice !!!!

This car is/was still a few years off from myself getting to for the resto so am deciding to possibly let it go to someone that will do it sooner than me.All the parts I've mentioned that I have obtained for it does not mean they were going to be used,but as a just in case parts.
As I like to do my own resto work,it appears that alot of others do as well as I see Mopar projects are scooped up more than the restored cars.I myself am surprised at ones sell for missing eng/trannys,or total rust projects.
I have been on the fence about selling this car becuase for whats here ,it would be hard to find it again like this,and will probably regret it,but I don't want to be a Mopar hoarder,so let it go to someone that would/will appreciate and restore it.

Those interested can PM me for a contact phone #.
Hopefull my photobucket link works for all the pics.
Possible local(100-125 miles)delivery for the buyer,I'm in central Ct.
I will start out here and a couple other Mopar sites before I go to Ebay/craigslist with it.

Selling the car and all the parts together,will not seperate,no trades, $18,500

More than welcome to show it in person for those interested/local.I am just starting to list this car,I know some will make offers but whoever gets closest is who's I'll entertain.If time goes on without sale,then I re-evaluate my price or poss keep it,but if someone comes and wants it,it will be sold.

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/blackl...955694842488572

Attachments

• 72 rr gtx pics 004.jpg
    72 rr gtx pics 004.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 2,032
Last edited:
Also,forgot to mention,other than the right front fender and trunk lid(repaced at some point) ,the car is still in original paint.

Price?Trades? More info? Options?Condition?Engine size?Tranny?Color?Numbers matching?

??????? It's all right above.

With as few posts as the OP has, the original post may be waiting on admin approval.

does this car have any NJ history?

On window sticker it say to be delivered to a Reedman co in Pa,but the guy I bought it from in Pa had it in NJ.Told me it was a woman that bought it new,thought he said NJ,but could be wrong,and thats who he got it from.I never reg'd it,so looks like the next owner will be the third owner.
On Pa title it says proir title state,was NJ.
Why do you ask,do you know the car????

That's not the car I know, after looking at your pics. It was a 4 speed Dana N96 car. Time for a road trip!

If it matters,it was a barn find !!!LOL,not kidding,the guy owned a bar,lived above in the house area,and right next to it was a typical"barn"looking building where he had a few cars.Wish I took some pics as he was pulling it out.

Bump ....

Man that is a serious wall of words. My head hurts just looking at it even though it's obviously a very nice, rare, and desirable car.

You may want to edit your original post and put some occasional spaces between sentences and maybe a return or 'enter' between paragraphs. Also a good idea is to delete a few !!! and possibly some adjectives and just splain what it is you got and why is so awesome w/o all the extra words.

Just the facts ma'am.
Just trying to give you a little help to sell a very cool car but it's your post. Peace out brother.

Figured if someone were interested,they get a very detailed explanation of the car to know exactly what and how it is.

Figured if someone were interested,they get a very detailed explanation of the car to know exactly what and how it is.

cool brother,I hope someone buys it from you soon,it sounds like a great car !!!!! I'm sure there will be some interest in it,as it's a cool car and will be great for someone on this forum,and will be a nice car for someone,that can also do some bodywork,doesn't seem like it needs a lot, of bodywork thought,but if a guy could do that it would be easier.do you have more pictures of the condition,interior,engine compartment,etc.,that you didn't include in your link already that show the condition of the interior,closer shots of the remaining parts in the engine compartment????it seems to be very complete,and has a lot of original parts!!!!the best part for me is the N96,AG,with the original breather and vacuum canister,etc.and it's cool it has the broadcast sheets,etc,I also love the B5/white interior color!!!!!,it's a very nice car!!!!

Thanks tallhair,what I have is on my photobucket link,yes,if anyone wants any other pics,I can get them no problem.This would be a great car for a guy who does his own paint/body resto like myself,you'd save a big chunk that way.This is the way I like to buy cars,is in project form as I do all my own resto.Also,doing a resto yourself,you know how and what was done from metal on up.

Welcome and good luck. It does look like an awesome car.

Last edited:
Bump......new price $17,500.Going to wait another month or so before doing
Ebay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back