• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Roadrunner Window Felts from PUI

JedIEG

Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
I have been looking for the outer window felts for my 72 Satellite since the ones I have on the car are trashed. I looked again today: DMT still has them listed as out of stock, but this PUI/First Place Auto Parts popped up and seems to have them...

I'm a little leery because they have different sets listed for 71-72 Plymouth b-body, Satellite, Road Runner and GTX. All are different part numbers prices and graphics. I thought those would all be identical so it gives me the impression that they dont know what they are talking about. Or are they actually different between trim levels?

Has anyone used them?

Call them first. I got a refund after waiting several months for a set for my '71 GTX. They have supply issues.

Was looking at them last night they show in stock but different p/n as you say maybe some have the chrome bezel interested in they outcome

They probably have the ones that I returned in stock. They think the 71-72 are interchangeable with the 73+ part number because that is what I got and the 71 wasn’t available. They said they would fix it on the website but haven’t. Keep searching. From what I can tell, they are mostly a non stocking distributor and drop ship from their suppliers. There is nothing wrong with this business model as it keeps costs down. I’ve bought a bunch of stuff from them, they have good prices and customer service.

Heard back from Customer service on Friday. All the kits for 71-72 Satellite/Roadrunner/GTX are on backorder with no estimate on a restocking date...

DMT sells TopCat brand, not their own.

DMT sells TopCat brand, not their own.
I just checked DMT myself....... out of stock. I bought one of those sets several years back that shows fitting 71 to 74 myself and found out the hard way that the rear pieces aren't right. The ones for the doors look to be correct though.

Same issue here.
They shipped last year and they ended up being for 73.
They fixed the PN to the 256-4.
But have beem waiting a long time.
There are a couple of PNs, from what i was told, they may be manufactured from different materials.
I am in touch with them every two weeks.
Also had them check to see cross reference parts or alternative.
Nothing yet.
I recommend any one looking... keep calling and emailing. The more people asking, the faster they will push PUI to manufacture.

Just a note on the install.

The pass door outer part went on perfect.

On the driver's side- the holes were a little high, causing the part to deform a little above each hole as it tightened up.
I tried drilling a few one size larger, but that didn't help, and the screw head is real small and I feared drilling them more would possibly cause them to slip through. Vertical slots may have done it but that would have been very finicky work.

I'm just living with it. It's better than the old, cracked and partially missing ones.

Does anyone have a solution for repairing the trim with new rubber have a generic solution or other model that would work? I just moved to a state where it rains and need the window seals to function.
I'm considering trying late model challenger trim, but I think it's a little short.

Auto Transport Service
Back