• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 satellite clone runner

If I took a picture of it, could you tell?

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some pics. S3000004.JPGS3000005.JPGS3000006.JPGS3000007.JPG

That looks like the one i have, im pretty sure thats an RH. Just found this on the internet.
2007-07-17_125606_2000_Dodge_2500.jpg

And i read on another forum that the RE has a round plug instead of the oval 2 or 3 pin one

It's been a while since there have been any updates on this thread. Just wanted to let you all know, the car is still here, but Jr is still in school and trying to save money. Hopefully, once the weather warms up a bit, we'll get into the garage and start some work on the car. At least we can work on some bits that won't require an expediture of cash on his part. I think what's worrying him, is taking the car apart. As it sits, the car looks good and it's in one piece, and it runs. Once it's apart, it looks like crap, and you can spend a bunch of time doing stuff, and in the end, not seeing a lot of progress even though a lot of work has been done.
We're at the point that we know what has to be done, we understand what is involved and what we're in for. It's taking that first step that's hard.

damn, that first step is so hard to take.

It's been a while since there have been any updates on this thread. Just wanted to let you all know, the car is still here, but Jr is still in school and trying to save money. Hopefully, once the weather warms up a bit, we'll get into the garage and start some work on the car. At least we can work on some bits that won't require an expediture of cash on his part. I think what's worrying him, is taking the car apart. As it sits, the car looks good and it's in one piece, and it runs. Once it's apart, it looks like crap, and you can spend a bunch of time doing stuff, and in the end, not seeing a lot of progress even though a lot of work has been done.
We're at the point that we know what has to be done, we understand what is involved and what we're in for. It's taking that first step that's hard.

damn, that first step is so hard to take.

Perfectly said! I think we've all sat and thought about that first step at one time or another.. Better to get all the ducks in a row then to jump in and then scratch our heads getting overwhelmed, Sounds like you have it under control.. Good luck!

Well, if you hesitate on getting started, you never will. Look at what the finished result will look like. I'm sure once you make that first cut, everything will start to roll and fall in place.

Oh , no doubt. I guess it's just the thought of seeing the car in pieces. Not necessarily a bad thing, but pretty drastic.

Not to worry, we're going to get there. Jr just want's to make sure there is a safety net underneath him.

Hey satman72, I was wondering how much you paid for the 5.2 & A518? Have you had the A518 rebuilt? There is a Ram for parts around where I live that I'm thinking about. I want to throw at least a A518 in my 72 when I get around to that point. I haven't decided on what small block to use yet whether an LA or Magnum.

Oh and my suggestion for your son is plan out what you want done and dig into the car fast and furious. If you sit around trying to make sure you don't get in too far the car will sit and you will waste time trying to save time. I did that with my dad's 'Cuda and I could have saved so much time and hassle if I would have just dug into it.

I'm kinda anxious to see some of these Mopars with modern drivetrains get finished up "should be pretty cool". Tough decision to make when yours is in pretty decent shape to begin with "that's the problem" your supposed to buy a piece of $hit so you can't wait to tear it apart. Enjoy

Well, we're finally starting. Junior is done with school and now has a job. He spent some time today taking off the interior trim and the back seat out. Alas we found more crap with the rear floor pan & rear wheel wells. Looks like both rear wheel wells may need to be replaced. Most of the crap seems to be around the seams where they are joined to the floor pan. We'll find out soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey satman72, I was wondering how much you paid for the 5.2 & A518? Have you had the A518 rebuilt? There is a Ram for parts around where I live that I'm thinking about. I want to throw at least a A518 in my 72 when I get around to that point. I haven't decided on what small block to use yet whether an LA or Magnum.

Oh and my suggestion for your son is plan out what you want done and dig into the car fast and furious. If you sit around trying to make sure you don't get in too far the car will sit and you will waste time trying to save time. I did that with my dad's 'Cuda and I could have saved so much time and hassle if I would have just dug into it.
Sorry, I completely missed this. I paid $220.00 for the whole assembly including driveshaft.

Got the front seats out today. Crap....more **** to do... Oh well...amazing how much crap undercoat covers up.

Well, all the interior is out. ****, what a rust bucket. We're looking at new front frame rails, inner fenders, floor pan, wheel wells, crossmembers, firewall...roof skin, A pillars....inner rockers, floor supports...Pictures coming soon.

Sounds like a lot of parts and work but in the end, it will be a great thing.. ENJOY...

Yeah, we're pressing forward with it. I'm sure there will be headaches, but it will be worth it in the end.

Long time no update. We're still here. Good news, we found another Sattie with good frame, inner fenders, floor, trunk... All the trouble will be taken care of. This will save a lot of time and money. Work will start soon, and there will be lots of of pics and updates coming.

Long time, no update. We just went and looked at another Sattie. All the bits that were buggered on Jr's are in great shape. This will save us mucho time and money. Pics will follow soon. Just getting logistics in place.

Glad you two are still at it. And yes, with all you mentioned that needs replaced it can get daunting so I am glad you found a donor body to use.

I know the feeling... my 1969 GTX, replaced full front dog house (inner fenders, both rails, radiator support) driver side full floor, complete trunk floor, trunk extensions, both quarters, both outer wheel houses, rear facia, trunk gutters, dutchman panel, window corners, A pillar, pass. roof rail, and am in the process of re installing a new roof :eek: I set a plan to work one area at a time and got it done. If you jump around to different areas you will feel overwhelmed.

Yeah, Jr was just getting all the money saved up, that way there is no issue with "bank". Nice thing is that this new tub will have all the good bits that we needed to replace already there and put together, plus it was an AC car with most of the AC bits still there, and it has an 8 3/4" Sure Grip as well. We should have it in a few weeks, then it's all systems go!!!

Wow! I can't believe it's been this long. We got the other car home yesterday and it looks real good. Title is all transffered and all is good to go.

hey, welcome back Satman! we've missed you! (at least I have lol)

Auto Transport Service
Back