• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Satellite full trunk floor will it fit

Babyblue66

Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
Can I fit a full trunk floor through the trunk opening on a 72 satellite? I'd rather buy a one piece and use that versus a two-piece if I can.

I think it’d be very tight. Most do that when replacing quarters but with quarters you’d do better cutting in half. Either way your gonna have plug weld marks

So you don't know if it will fit through the trunk opening.

I fit a full trunkpan removed from a 73 RR into my 71 RR. It is tight but will slide through the opening with a little persuasion.
Good luck.

I couldn’t get a full trunk pan in my uncle’s 70’ RR, so I cut it down the middle. Can’t tell I cut it cause I ended up welding both sides.

I couldn’t get a full trunk pan in my uncle’s 70’ RR, so I cut it down the middle. Can’t tell I cut it cause I ended up welding both sides.
70 is a totally different body. Not relevant comparison

Unless you can a whole pan in there, you’re gonna need to cut it, which is relevant.

You should be able to measure the opening and compare that dimension to the floor from seam to seam at the drop offs.

Babyblue66 - a full trunk pan will definitely slide in thru the trunk opening on a 1971/1972 Satellite/Roadrunner.
I've done it.
May 21 (11).jpg

This was done back in 2017.

Luckily you don't have to roll it up! :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back