• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 4 door coronet vs. 2 door Super bee: What parts from 4 door can I use

cthalite3

Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
I have my Dad's 69 4 speed 383 Super Bee that needs a complete restoration. I recently picked up a 69 4 door coronet and other than the obvious things such as front clip stuff such as fenders, grill headlight bezels, trunk, bumpers, front and rear brakes. I wanted to know if the body wire harness could be used? I know there would be a difference from 4 door pins vs 2 but what else is different? What else could I use? Floors, frame rails, trunk floor? I saw a thread that said what works and what doesn't but it was for a 66/67 satellite. Not sure if that was for other 2/4 door cars as well. Thanks for any input. My picture is before disassemble and current.

IMG_5606.jpg

I als used parts from a 69 4 door coronet and used them on my 69 Charger.
I used the entire front clip. All the way to the torsion bar cross member.
I also used the floor pans, inner rockers, and rear frame rails.

If your interested Look in my thread. link is below

Wow thank you mopar brother!!

Alot of the parts interchangeable.....I used 69 Coronet 4 door parts car for my 69 bee .....I have a good amount of 69 Coronet parts contact me via PM if interested. Thanks

I thought the windshield was the same. I was wrong. It’s about 3” higher than the 2 door H/T. The convertible uses the same high windshield.

Alot of the parts interchangeable.....I used 69 Coronet 4 door parts car for my 69 bee .....I have a good amount of 69 Coronet parts contact me via PM if interested. Thanks
Thank you. I will definitely consider it. I do have a question. Does the inside dash harness work for the 2 door? I know there's 4 door pins vs. 2. But how about behind the dash or to the back inside the trunk? Compatible or different to your knowledge? What parts do you have left available?

Your link is very educational. It will take me a while to get thru it but I most definitely will read it all. What do you know about the wire harness inside the car? Can it be used or no?

I thought the windshield was the same. I was wrong. It’s about 3” higher than the 2 door H/T. The convertible uses the same high windshield.
I did too. It sucks too because there's a brand new front windshield on my donor car. Maybe someone with a convertible can use it since I hear it will fit in a convertible.

I did too. It sucks too because there's a brand new front windshield on my donor car. Maybe someone with a convertible can use it since I hear it will fit in a convertible.
I always wondered what looked “off” to me on the convertible. I thought the hardtop hid the rake that wasn’t as steep as the E bodies. It’s just higher, and is noticeable.

Thank you. I will definitely consider it. I do have a question. Does the inside dash harness work for the 2 door? I know there's 4 door pins vs. 2. But how about behind the dash or to the back inside the trunk? Compatible or different to your knowledge? What parts do you have left available?
Yes dash harness will work. Thats what I have in mine. It was 68 to 68 if that makes a difference.

Deck lid, tail panel as well. I did discover that the 4 door rear wheel opening is shorter in height.

Yes dash harness will work. Thats what I have in mine. It was 68 to 68 if that makes a difference.
Thank you for the information. I wasn't sure if sweep gauges with no tac would be compatible with rallye gauge cluster with tac but it seems they would use same harness just addition of 2 door pins and tac wire capped off.

Thank you for the information. I wasn't sure if sweep gauges with no tac would be compatible with rallye gauge cluster with tac but it seems they would use same harness just addition of 2 door pins and tac wire capped off.
It does not work... entirely different circuit board plugs, etc.

It might be easier for the OP to ask about specific parts.

440 and SB have the same tail lights- 500 and R/T are the same.

Be aware there are 2 different types of 69 Coronet or super Bee taillight lens....there is a raised type and a flat type....both will interchange and work. No one could ever give me a reason for this?..... Whether it was different factories or different suppliers halfway through the year or different suppliers at different factories?

Auto Transport Service
Back