• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727-A kickdown leaver has no stop?!?

Thanks all... I really don't know what I am doing. I am going on intuition and blind luck. Turbine6RT is sending me a spring. On Facebook, a local guy suggested taking out the spring and replacing it with a rod as well. As I told him, I am not setting this thing up for racing but he let me know it does not make it a hard shift, just quicker shift. I may go down that path but I really do appreciate all the support. :thankyou:

Well, you won't believe what happened when I pulled the valve body out. The accumulator fell out and low and behold, a broken spring. It must have broken when I first put it in to drive. It reversed fine but would not go into drive.

Now I am looking for an accumulator spring for an A727 trans. Does anyone know where I can get such a spring?

View attachment 1505648
The spring is also on the wrong side of the acc, but I think u know that. Kim

Pulled the pan... found the problem. The kickdown pall can move up and down. There's enough play that it can work down below the screw. The leaver that the linkage attaches to has a stop that can't go any lower. It's almost like there should be a spacer between the gear select and the throttle kickdown leaver.

Here's a quick video to show what I mean.

I would love to NOT have to pull the valve body out to correct this. Any suggestions?

I’ve had to put a thicker washer on top of the seal so u can just get the C or E clip back in the groove on the shaft. Kim

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back