• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Cooling lines

GFuller

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
I am replacing my steel cooling lines on my 727 torqueflite Tranny. I am replacing the brass bushings on both Tranny and the Radiator Also. Should I Teflon these bushings or not. It is very hard to get complete seal on these lines.

The side of the adapter that is 1/8" NPT would get teflon tape (or other sealant).. The other side if that adapter is a straight thread and sealer or tape could only serve to hinder the proper seal.

"Bushings" do you mean adapters, 1/8 npt to flared line fittings? PST592 thread sealant into the case and radiator. Flare fittings on the line seal themselves.

Teflon is a PITA the second time you assemble it - the bits left in the female side can get into the system. I'd use a good pipe joint compound for the 1/8 npt side, keep it one thread back from the end.

Auto Transport Service
Back