• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 to 4 speed conversion

Thanks, awesome !!!!!

Its been several years but I had a couple B body 4 spd cars, If I remember correct there are different size input shaft bearing retainers, Make sure to test fit your bell housing to the trans to make sure the bearing retainer fits into the bell housing. I think mopar made 3 or 4 different dia. bell housing center holes and tranny input shaft bearing retainers.

Pssst....^^^^that thread is 6 years old^^^^^just look at what comes with the Brewers kit.

I need as bit of assistance with converting my 727 to a 4 speed. I know Brewsters has a kit , but their basic kit starts $3750 for B Bodies. I am thinking I can do it cheaper on my own. I am sure more than one of the community has done this pre the kits from passion, brewsters, and kessler. If so is it worth it? By chance did ya document it? Any and all help would be appriciated!

Thanks,

Mopar..Madness
Keep in mind, all the parts from Brewers will be new or professionaly rebuilt with a dealer that will guarantee their parts. Not so with ebay or swap meet stuff. Buying a used A833 and then having to have it re-built ( you find out after it has been installed and tried out) can cost more than just buying a Brewers trans. that no core is needed for. Also, there is bound to be parts that you didn't think about obtaining ,till you need them.........MO

I am in the same process of converting my 727 to a 4 speed. I have been buying the parts separately over the last year. Bellhousing here, 833 tran there, flywheel etc. I believe I have the all the parts I need. I have spent about $2700 give or take with mostly original stuff. Most of my parts have come from Ebay, it takes time, and I am in no hurry but in the long run I feel I have saved some money and learned alot along the way. I do have a list of the parts that are needed, I could scan and attach if you like. The biggest thing is to make sure that the flywheel size 11" or 10 1/2" you are going to use and the number of teeth is compatible with the bellhousing, clutch and pressure plate and starter. Also if you are going to use the 18 spline (Hemi) trans or 23 spline trans that all the above components "talk" to each other.
Hello Fella! Do u by any chance still have that list for the manual setup? I think I'm gonna go 4 speed in my RR this is my email: ([email protected]) gladly appreciated!!!.

Hello Fella! Do u by any chance still have that list for the manual setup? I think I'm gonna go 4 speed in my RR this is my email: ([email protected]) gladly appreciated!!!.
I probably said it before, but do your research , and obtain the CORRECT clutch linkage. It will save you a lot of headaches. Start out with the correct bellhouse, because there can be subtle differences that affect fitment. Like for instance the little clutch fork pivot inside what you think is the correct bellhouse. there are a few different ones. Guess how I found that out !!!.....................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back