• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Trans Repair Expertise in SE PA/Northern MD area

KingCapt

Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Need recommendations for shop that specializes in Mopar 727's w/excellent reputation. I am in southern York PA area.

Background: TCI Streetfighter transmission with <15,000 miles. I believe it's toasted. Trans developed occasional slight delay/soft shifts over brief period, 2 drives and 75-100 miles. Yesterday, I drove it and barely got around the block. Oil smells burnt. (Wiped on paper towel it leaves a gray, dirty tint.) Trans now leaks more than just an occasional drip. Enough to address in its own right.

I have #'s matching 727, but don't know the condition. The TCI was in it when purchased. I may have the original trans opened/inspected/rebuilt to handle current power and do a swap out. Not sure yet. I find it odd the TCI went out without much warning, or abuse. Advice welcomed. Thanks!

What is the current power level?

do you have kickdown linkage connected?

what kind of driving are you doing?

Right down the street from you...

Lupfer's Transmissions 1050 Harrisburg Pike. Carlisle, PA 17013. (717) 249-4903

Family owned for many years. They know old as well as new. Did my push button. Very reasonable pricing.

What is the current power level?

do you have kickdown linkage connected?

what kind of driving are you doing?
600 ft lbs @4900, 610 HP @ 5500.

Kick-down linkage connected and operational. Full throttle, the trans arm is all the way back. (I double checked it.) I did find it odd when dumping it @ 40-45mph+, it never seems to drop down into 2nd… and stayed in drive(3rd). Thought it should drop down when “passing”.

Driven mostly around town. I rail it (on occasion) at a stop, but try to keep it in the 4-4500 range. Rev limiter set @5600. I have never thrashed car. The 440ci only has 900 miles on it.

Trans always shifted positive and smooth, and shifted down when pulling to a stop. Never has an issue until I had an issue. It started leaking a little oil too.

Probably the best in Maryland is frank lupo dynamic in Newark de
Thanks for the input guys. I went w/Taylor Driveline Specialties in Spring Grove, Pa. Turns out my brand new TCI Breakaway self-destructed due to needle bearing failure, sending metal bits throughout the trans, cooler, etc. Ugly mess of things.
Replaced the converter w/FTC custom 3000 stall and upgraded and rebuilt the trans. Major $$$ due to a crap converter.

Thanks for the input guys. I went w/Taylor Driveline Specialties in Spring Grove, Pa. Turns out my brand new TCI Breakaway self-destructed due to needle bearing failure, sending metal bits throughout the trans, cooler, etc. Ugly mess of things.
Replaced the converter w/FTC custom 3000 stall and upgraded and rebuilt the trans. Major $$$ due to a crap converter.
Sorry for you

Auto Transport Service
Back