• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 rebuild in Detroit area

TKMSavoy

Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
My ‘62 Savoy with a 318 and 727 is in need of a trans rebuild. It’s not terrible yet but I plan to drive the car cross country in the spring. It often is stuck in first gear and recently has a slow shift to third gear but after 60 years and 106,000 miles I’m OK with spending a little money to have it rebuilt. I’m in the Detroit area does anyone have any recommendations, (preferably based on experience). Not interested in removing trans myself. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Haus transmission in Dexter Michigan. 440'

My ‘62 Savoy with a 318 and 727 is in need of a trans rebuild. It’s not terrible yet but I plan to drive the car cross country in the spring. It often is stuck in first gear and recently has a slow shift to third gear but after 60 years and 106,000 miles I’m OK with spending a little money to have it rebuilt. I’m in the Detroit area does anyone have any recommendations, (preferably based on experience). Not interested in removing trans myself. Thanks for any help you can provide!
I sent you a PM
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back