• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 Charger Front Door Glass Removal

garyinmich

Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
Looking to remove the drivers door glass on my 73. I can see the (3) screws but looks like I can only get to (2). Do I need to loosen the regulator also? Any suggestions appreciated!

Looking to remove the drivers door glass on my 73. I can see the (3) screws but looks like I can only get to (2). Do I need to loosen the regulator also? Any suggestions appreciated!
Here is what the '74 Service Manual says.
REMOVAL:
(1) Remove screws attaching lift channel to glass
(2) Remove Up-Stop Brackets
(3) Remove belt mounted glass stabilizer brackets
(4) Raise door glass assembly out of door

The front two are hard to get at. I pull the rubber stop on the bottom of the door. Lower the glass so you can get at the front lower one. Raise a little so you can see the upper one and you kinda have to get it at an angle. Then raise the glass till the rear ones line up with the holes. You will have to support the front on the way up. Once the rears are off you can lift it up and out. Helps if the upper stops are removed and the tracks loosened to get it out.

The front two are hard to get at. I pull the rubber stop on the bottom of the door. Lower the glass so you can get at the front lower one. Raise a little so you can see the upper one and you kinda have to get it at an angle. Then raise the glass till the rear ones line up with the holes. You will have to support the front on the way up. Once the rears are off you can lift it up and out. Helps if the upper stops are removed and the tracks loosened to get it out.
Thanks! (For all the important details the manual leaves out!)

Auto Transport Service
Back