• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 73-74 Roadrunner/Satellite Quarter Rust repair Patch Panels, front-back-wheel arch in one panel.

RussT Plymouths

Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Pair of 73-74 Roadrunner/Satellite Quarter Patch Panels, front-back-wheel arch in one panel.
Located: Hutchinson, KS 67501
Price: $1200 for both panels, I won't separate. WILL NOT SHIP, local pickup only.
Payment Methods Accepted: Cash only when picked up.

I've had these panels hanging on my shop wall for over three decades, time for someone with a bigger need to own/use them.

IMG_2428.JPG

These panels are for rust repair only, there's less metal than would be included in a quarter panel skin. They are "NOT EVEN CLOSE" to AMD quality. Your resto shop will frown when you deliver them to hang on your project.
IMG_2694.JPG

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2698.JPG

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2703.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG

If your project is several years away from getting started, I would tell you to wait, something better may show up for you.

If you're tired of looking and waiting, these panels might be a good solution.

Says made in Canada, if you can believe a 30+ year old sticker.
IMG_2695-01.JPG

Last edited:
I had a set of those for 71-72 that I bought back in 1998 or so for about the same price...same Canadian sticker and same 'shape' so I'd believe they are what you describe.

Yes, not quite the quality many of us have come to expect for our cars, but somewhat typical of what rust repair panels were in the 80's and 90's. Hand formed, raw edges, but usually with enough metal to make a solid repair. Fit and finish were totally up to the skill of the installer. In reality, not that much worse than what is available today, or if it is at all.

Metal measures .036 = 20Ga.

And guessing from the age, and possible source, North American steel too.

"These panels are for rust repair only, there's less metal than would be included in a quarter panel skin. They are "NOT EVEN CLOSE" to AMD quality. Your resto shop will frown when you deliver them to hang on your project."

Rotflmao. So true. That's exactly what happened when I showed mine to my body man in the late 90s. Still have one panel buried in the attic.

Auto Transport Service
Back