• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD looking to see who needs 73-74 Roadrunner parts ( possible quarter panels? )

adk-roadrunner

Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
AMD has posted on their Facebook page looking to see how much interest there is in getting parts made for the 73-74 Roadrunners. Let’s let them know how many people need these full quarter panels and other parts.
IMG_2397.png

Full quarters, patches including wheel arches and trunk rear upper corners, outer wheel houses, cowl vent, door hinge area rear, window lower corners.

That's what I can think of.

Fortunately mine needs none of those but there's alot out there that do.

Full quarters, patches including wheel arches and trunk rear upper corners, outer wheel houses, cowl vent, door hinge area rear, window lower corners.

That's what I can think of.

Fortunately mine needs none of those but there's alot out there that do.
Go to their Facebook page and post a comment so they can see how much interest their is. If you have any friends who do have them as well lol we need all the help we can get.

Just starting a list here.

Maybe others can add to it.

If everyone requests the same things, it would be helpful.

Just starting a list here.

Maybe others can add to it.

If everyone requests the same things, it would be helpful.
very true. I need quarters bad I have the rear patches they used to make sitting on a shelf but they wont fix my arches and the bottom front of my quarters. I've been toying with the idea of selling my car and moving on. I've replaced the whole drive train 440 back to a rebuilt 8 3/4. Steering and suspension sandblasted repainted and rebuilt with all new bushings, torsion bars, leaf springs and bilstein shocks all around. I still cant get over that the rear quarters are full of bondo.

Out of curiosity, have you looked at 72 and up truck fender wheel arches?

I have set a truck fender next to my quarter, and they are VERY close.

I've posted about that on here before.

73-74 satellite or roadrunner... why don't 71-72 quarters work?

The truck fender even has a body line in almost the exact same place as the car.

Out of curiosity, have you looked at 72 and up truck fender wheel arches?

I have set a truck fender next to my quarter, and they are VERY close.

I've posted about that on here before.

73-74 satellite or roadrunner... why don't 71-72 quarters work?

The truck fender even has a body line in almost the exact same place as the car.
I have. I have a friend who has an old set off his little red express and they look close but I would love to have rear quarters that aren't made of 3 or 4 different scabbed together pieces. it is something I've considered but definitely increases the complexity of the repair.

So AMD is dumping "popular" Mopar parts but considering spending the R&D to bring less popular parts to market? Doesn't really make any sense to me.

Roooooof skins… which fits on Chargers too.

sure it would be late for me where I already patched mine… so would happen the same that with my quarters, which had to be made locally, then the TABCO skins appeared 2 year later., and now AMD a year ago.

Sure the repro Mopar parts market arrive TOO LATE, where most of owners have solved their problems, and the resto wave is on low moments.

then manufacturers will say THERE IS NO ENOUGH MARKET SO NEED TO GET MORE MONEY PER PIECE.

if they arrived on time, would have doubled their market.

Last edited:
Maybe, I'd love to see the new pieces, I'd love to see some of the discoed pieces though as well. You wouldn't think it would cost much to press something that they already have the dies for, hard to say what goes on overseas I guess.

So AMD is dumping "popular" Mopar parts but considering spending the R&D to bring less popular parts to market? Doesn't really make any sense to me.
I'm assuming the parts for what some people consider more popular cars are not being purchased in nearly as much quantity now as the projects being built are dwindling and or other suppliers produce the same parts. They probably figure why keep making the body panels for cars that people aren't ordering for anymore in great quantity when we could produce a part for a car that nobody else makes and lots of people want and it will fly off the shelves. Makes alot of sense if you want to keep making money. I remember reading in the past they already had NOS parts to reproduce parts for cars like the 73 and 74 roadrunner from. It's possible they already posses the tooling necessary to produce the parts but have been waiting for a change in the market to capitalize on producing them. Eventually you just wont find these old cars to rebuild anymore they definitely aren't making them anymore doesn't make sense to produce all the parts forever unfortunately.

I will be making my comments to AMD. They made parts in the past, and about a year ago I called them and they said they had no plans to reproduce any of these parts any time soon. Looks like any time soon may have passed.

This could happen sooner than we think.
I just got back from Summit yesterday with the floor pan for my son's 74 Road Runner. Here is the info if needed.
1705239274372.png
1705239274372.png

Now I need rear step wells, any one have serviceable used units you are looking to sell.
20230331_151117.jpg
20230331_151645.jpg
20230331_151955.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it is because I am old, but I did not see the request for AMD's ask on their Facebook page. Is there a link to the image you posted?

Thanks,

One part I'm sure they could easily tool up & they'd fly off the shelf if they weren't greedy on the price is the rearest crossmember behind the rear bumper. I sourced one from a 73 RR for my 71 Satty. Im sure it's the same from 71-74 & probably fits Charger as well. They repop the end pieces, but not the CM? Odd to me...

Auto Transport Service
Back