• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-75 440 Fuel Vapor Separator (PN 3751502) Mount Location?

mrmolding

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of how this is mounted? I looked in the 73 parts manual and lots of web searches with no luck. I'm more curious than anything else. I have the earlier version that is much closer to the block that mounts on the fuel pump. Just wondering if they made later versions of this farther away from the block to reduce heat. Any help is welcome!
1692650013060.png

Does anyone have a picture of how this is mounted? I looked in the 73 parts manual and lots of web searches with no luck. I'm more curious than anything else. I have the earlier version that is much closer to the block that mounts on the fuel pump. Just wondering if they made later versions of this farther away from the block to reduce heat. Any help is welcome!
View attachment 1513019
So are you saying the one you have is not like the one pictured?

This is the one you see more often. It has a smaller bracket and mounts right near the fuel pump on the RH bolt.
1692727303672.png

I think I've figured it out after looking at some motorhome 440 pics. I think the later one with the larger bracket just mounts on the two fuel pump bolts after the fuel pump. That seems to make sense. I really wonder if that larger bracket keeps it cooler. Someday I'll get one and try it out.

I have one that looks unused but no box available for sale. Message me if you are interested.

Auto Transport Service
Back