• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 B body Firewall w/AC

73RR4SPD

Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
I don’t suppose anyone has already marked and Id’d all the holes on a 73 b body with AC?

My 73 RR 4spd w/factory optioned ac is in the shop getting painted and I’m trying to determine what all the holes are for. Hindsight, should’ve taken pics before removing everything.

If no one has this pic, I’ll settle for anyone who can id the parts and holes in the pics below.

The first pic is an example of what I’m asking for,l.

In the second pic:

1. What is the hole for in the far left circle for?

2. What are the holes in the second and third circles for?

3. Is the hole between the 2 circles on the right where the ground actually goes? If so, is there a specific place where the other side of the ground strap mounts to?

4. Are these “delete” covers ordered from Mopar or are they just hand made?

5. The car in the pic doesn’t have AC but my car does, so a pic of ac holes id’d would really help.

Thanks in advance.

24CC3955-2493-439F-A4B0-509CDDD6667E.jpeg

A86D7EDB-DE49-47F8-842C-A7E6B759EF67.jpeg

Google will provide good pictures.. just search 73 Road Runner engine compartment with air conditioning..
1678055021036.jpeg

I included before and after pics of my 340 AT AC car. I know the dimple on the far left on mine means there would be a hole drilled depending on the option that needed it. If your is drill out it must of had something I did not. My ground strap went from the back of the passenger side head to the firewall. It went to one of the bolts to the voltage regulator just not installed yet in the pic. I had a block out plate from the factory for the round hole but the chromer back in the 80's lost it, the square hole did have the OACS valve in it for smog eq. but that was remove and discarded long ago. I have not found a replacement valve. I had to make both plates when I restored the car.

20190130_144629_IMG_1693.JPG

20210421_133454 (1).jpg

20210421_165841 (1).jpg

I included before and after pics of my 340 AT AC car. I know the dimple on the far left on mine means there would be a hole drilled depending on the option that needed it. If your is drill out it must of had something I did not. My ground strap went from the back of the passenger side head to the firewall. It went to one of the bolts to the voltage regulator just not installed yet in the pic. I had a block out plate from the factory for the round hole but the chromer back in the 80's lost it, the square hole did have the OACS valve in it for smog eq. but that was remove and discarded long ago. I have not found a replacement valve. I had to make both plates when I restored the car.

View attachment 1446764

View attachment 1446765

View attachment 1446767
Thanks Jim,

That helps clarify a few things for me. Much appreciated!

Auto Transport Service
Back