• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 BogasRunner build on the cheap

acme rat killer

Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
Got a New one, well a year ago March. Got it off Craigs in Kansas City A white 73 Sat. 318 auto ps pb ac amfm 50k on the clock, some rust but not bad. got the window sticker and bill of sale. I spent last summer just driving it and looking for Roadrunner parts.
Over the winter started rust repair and this spring drove to Texas for a hood, and found some road wheels in Kansas. Ill post progress from time to time But i know how hard it is to stop and play on the web. Ill get pics off my phone on here soon.

Let's see em !!! Good luck on your hot rod build!!!!

I found my early pics on my old laptop, first pic should be last:grin:

Attachments

• vacation 2014 house and car 041.jpg
    vacation 2014 house and car 041.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 407
  • vacation 2014 house and car 042.jpg
    vacation 2014 house and car 042.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 391
  • vacation 2014 house and car 045.jpg
    vacation 2014 house and car 045.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 336
  • vacation 2014 house and car 887.jpg
    vacation 2014 house and car 887.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 389
  • vacation 2014 house and car 930.jpg
    vacation 2014 house and car 930.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 404
  • vacation 2014 house and car 944.jpg
    vacation 2014 house and car 944.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 413
My new hood and wheels, and some body work. I just need some trim rings and some BFGs :headbang:

Attachments

• phone1 053.jpg
    phone1 053.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 369
  • phone1 055.jpg
    phone1 055.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 370
  • phone1 064.jpg
    phone1 064.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 369
  • phone1 023.jpg
    phone1 023.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 359
  • phone1 066.jpg
    phone1 066.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 367
I hope not! :) My 74 Roadrunner was a bench seat/column car and I converted it to buckets/console pretty easily.

It had the original back seat, which I had to recover with new 1972 covers from Legendary Interiors. The front seats I got from a 76 Aspen project that died and paid $45 for them. I also got a set of great 1972 LI front seat covers, foam, and backs from a guy who was sprucing up a 72 GTX, and I'm replacing the 76 parts with those. That'll give me a set of like-new 72 bucket seats for about 1/3 the price of buying 73/74 cores and new foam and covers. :)

For now ill keep it. Just wish the back seat back wasn't bad. And I need the lower door panels. This car use to be silver frost and got a cheap white paint job some time in its life. I like the silver and I like the white, and I like both with the red Roadrunner stripe. But I'm stripping off the white paint, its coming off easy with some cheap striper.

Silver with the red stripe is a nice looking combo, but I've always been partial to the white with black stripes! Just looked up the Wimbledon interior on Legendary, they still offer it so if you're looking to redo that rear seat to match the fronts they're the best bet imo. Pricey but VERY good quality for a unique interior option!

Thanks for the info on the seats. If i change it some day Ill do all white buckets and console, But for now on the cheap is the name of the game.

I dont know about you guys, but Ive had it up to here with rain. We have had over 30 inches in the last mo. and a half. Was thinking about ditching the 73 and building an Ark.

I hear ya. I was busy all day outside trying to cram a months work into one day. I had the car out only to get the mower out. and of course it rained all day today. only had it out three times this year. I've got the feeling it's gonna be like this all summer.

Seriously send some of your rain out this direction. I don't think we've had more than a couple inches in the last few years. We need rain so bad we're filtering our own human sewage - they call it toilet to tap. Serious drought in CA.

The car looks sweet. Good luck on the project and keep us updated with pics on how things are coming along.

Auto Transport Service
Back