• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Charger Lime Green - Original paint or changed?

LYMGTX

Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Hello! Looking to buy a 73 Charger with the 400 engine. The car is painted lime green. I know that lime green was a 70 only color but we checked everywhere on the car and only see the lime paint. Inside doors, floor boards, inside of fenders, etc... Doesn't have fender tag and still haven't found the build sheet. It's a St. Louis car. Could it be possible that it was ordered with the special paint? If not, then whoever did the color change did a very thorough job. It's a very solid driver and worth the money but curious.
Anyone have any info or thoughts on this? Thanks!!!

There was a pale lime green color in 73/74.

Last edited:
1665671814185.png

It was available on the Plymouth, I've seen it on a Sebring Plus. Goes good with the road wheels as shown on the Charger in post 3.

I've seen it on a couple rallye Challengers and a couple of Chargers in person.

IMO it looks great with a black and white interior.

Seems like they built a lot with the F6 green interior which IMO- not so much.

Last edited:
Color is such a personal choice that it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, if you like it then you are good. That said, IMO it is tricky to get a 71 B body to look really good in a high impact color without a fair amount of accent (black, white, etc.) but fortunately they lend themselves to accent pretty easily (hood bubble on a rallye hood, roof, side stripes, etc.)

Had that pale green on a 73 Fury.

Hello! Looking to buy a 73 Charger with the 400 engine. The car is painted lime green. I know that lime green was a 70 only color but we checked everywhere on the car and only see the lime paint. Inside doors, floor boards, inside of fenders, etc... Doesn't have fender tag and still haven't found the build sheet. It's a St. Louis car. Could it be possible that it was ordered with the special paint? If not, then whoever did the color change did a very thorough job. It's a very solid driver and worth the money but curious.
Only way to verify would be if it had the 999 paint code, which with no broadcast sheet or fender tag, the point is mute.

Hello. We were able to pull the carpet today and the floors were a darker green, I can't remember if f8 was used in 1973 but that's what it looks like. But whoever did it, did a very thorough job so I'm fine with it. Thanks and have a good day everyone!

That whole site is great, and the curator is an FxBO member.

Color is such a personal choice that it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, if you like it then you are good. That said, IMO it is tricky to get a 71 B body to look really good in a high impact color without a fair amount of accent (black, white, etc.) but fortunately they lend themselves to accent pretty easily (hood bubble on a rallye hood, roof, side stripes, etc.)
Hold my beer....lol

20220923_173008.jpg

20220923_173116.jpg

Yup...Limelight FJ5 in 70 only. 71 only was FJ6 like mine

Post 14 looks like "Green Go" / "Sassy Grass" to me.

Post 14 looks like "Green Go" / "Sassy Grass" to me.
It is. I was just showing that it looks good without decals. I DID however put the hood decal on the other day..
20221011_231428.jpg

Yep.

IMO those HIP colors with matte black accents are very difficult to outdo with "custom" paint jobs.

The factory got it right.

Yep 1971 Hemi Cuda Sassy Grass Green, black billboards black shaker scoop hood and black vinyl roof, beautiful.

Auto Transport Service
Back