• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Charger Procar seat install

Paul_G

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
I am putting the Procar elite lumbar series 1200 seats in the car using their mounting brackets, #81342, #81343. All purchased through Summit. Those brackets are listed to fit 66 to 77 Charger. But as you can see they are not even close. I sent an email to Procar, their reply back to me says to use bracket #81346, #81347 for 71 to 74 Charger. It would be nice if those numbers were listed for sale anywhere, I cant find them at Summit or any where else. Getting back to Procar on Monday and see about the brackets. I may have to cut the floor mounts off the brackets and re weld them back in the correct locations. I hate to cut and weld on brand new brackets I paid over $90 a piece for, that should fit.
20200710-112831.jpg

20200710-112951.jpg

20200710-112956.jpg

20200711-083355-1.jpg

Heard this same story last week from a buddy of mine. Prefer to stick with oem.

Procar said they make the correct brackets for 71 to 74 B body. Will take 6 to 8 weeks to get them made. I called Summit, they kicked me back $45 to keep the ones I have. Cut the feet off the brackets I have, refitted them and welded them back on.

Drivers side bracket, passenger side is the same. I made the bracket sit lower than Procar intended them to be. I have read that the Procar seats sit too high in most cars. Also turned the bracket front to rear to get the seat further back. Also, I had to trim away some of the square tube by the 4speed tunnel hump.

20200715-114628.jpg

20200717-155245.jpg

Last edited:
They really hold you in. Seem comfortable, but I have not driven the car yet with these seats.

They really hold you in. Seem comfortable, but I have not driven the car yet with these seats.
Updates?

I'm interested in knowing how they compare to the factory seats. How do they fit you? How tall and wide are you? Etc

Wedge makes custom brackets for Procar seats. I have used them in my Olds and Charger, great fit and no serious loss of headroom. Almost an inch shorter and no funky slotted brackets.

Updates?

I'm interested in knowing how they compare to the factory seats. How do they fit you? How tall and wide are you? Etc

I am 5'10", 38" waist. There is no comparison to the factory buckets. The Pro Car seats are more comfortable to sit in for long periods, they actually hold you in place when cornering, they recline and have adjustable lumber support. We have taken a couple of road trips in the car already, one was a weekend get away trip. We were very comfortable.

The downside is the look. They have a modern look to them. Pricing is not an issue. By the time you repair and recondition your stock frames, stock seat backs and the tracks, buy new foam and seat covers, The Procar may be equal in cost to restoring an original set of buckets. The other down side is modifying the mounting brackets.

I am 5'10", 38" waist. There is no comparison to the factory buckets. The Pro Car seats are more comfortable to sit in for long periods, they actually hold you in place when cornering, they recline and have adjustable lumber support. We have taken a couple of road trips in the car already, one was a weekend get away trip. We were very comfortable.

The downside is the look. They have a modern look to them. Pricing is not an issue. By the time you repair and recondition your stock frames, stock seat backs and the tracks, buy new foam and seat covers, The Procar may be equal in cost to restoring an original set of buckets. The other down side is modifying the mounting brackets.
I'm thinking of getting a pair for Uncle Bill's Cuda. The seats were recovered without new foam and are uncomfortable. I think they're saying the E body brackets fit with no issues.

Thanks for the information.

Auto Transport Service
Back