• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Charger SE Front Bucket Foam Replacement - HELP!

Sorry, forgot to ask. Is the black vinyl glued to the back of the cover or held in place by the button retainers and what is the size?

Sorry, forgot to ask. Is the black vinyl glued to the back of the cover or held in place by the button retainers and what is the size?
Held in place by the retainers. The retainers are 1-1/4" in diameter. The vinyl is 5" x 13" folded in half. The buttons come through about 1/2" in from the edge then a half moon is cut half way around the button so the vinyl can center itself when installed. Maybe a fender washer with a small diameter hole could be used as the retainer?? Definatly get the wires out of the old covers. More pics.

IMG_3217.JPG
IMG_3218.JPG
IMG_3219.JPG

Held in place by the retainers. The retainers are 1-1/4" in diameter. The vinyl is 5" x 13" folded in half. The buttons come through about 1/2" in from the edge then a half moon is cut half way around the button so the vinyl can center itself when installed. Maybe a fender washer with a small diameter hole could be used as the retainer?? Definatly get the wires out of the old covers. More pics.

View attachment 1453706View attachment 1453707View attachment 1453708
Thanks again for all your help. Those measurements are what I needed. Great pics! Already found some retainers that should work.

Yes you need those rods in there for the new covers. You can try and attach that material to the new covers, you will need some sort of retainer though as there is quite a bit of stretch down in towards the listing wire. Any cover I have purchased from Legendary already had them preinstalled.

Good luck.
Hello Sorry to bother you again! Do you know if the material and hardware is the same for button attach on the seat bottoms? Thanks!

Yes but the length will be different. just use the slot in the foam to determine the length.

Thanks again! That is what I thought (the listing wires are longer in the seat). Do you know of a source for all of the dash bulbs, map light bulbs etc.?

Auto Transport Service
Back