• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Charger SE project

bigez04

Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Well as the title states I have a 73 Charger SE. I bought it from my grandparents in 2001. They bought it new in 1973. It was completely stock when I got it. It still pretty much is aside from me putting a 360 in place of the 318. The 360 went in about 6 years ago. Then it blew the head gaskets and cracked both heads. I didn't have enough money to replace the heads so it sat. About 3 weeks ago I a friend of a friend calls me up and has a set of heads. So I picked them up and cleaned everything up a bit (not as good as I would have liked, but it works).
So after bolting the headers up and the rest of the top end. I checked fluids and gave it a shot. As soon as the fuel got to the carb she lives once more. The temp gauge didn't work so I found a wiring diagram and chased the wire down in the loom and got it all hooked up. Now I have a charging issue so I will be firing it again tomorrow after I replace the plugs that fouled.
Here's a few pics, I'll update tomorrow evening sometime.

Attachments

• DSCI1867.jpg
    DSCI1867.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 234
nice looking charger.It's nice when you get a car that stays in the family.

Thank you, only rust that I'm positive of is in the right rear quarter. It's a CA car so I'll keep my fingers crossed. It also got T-boned in Southern CA when one of my uncles was driving. It got repaired but the 1/4" of bondo is cracked.
Eric

Very nice looking Charger, keeping it in the family a great thing to do, and it seems like you have a driver in mind maybe down the line looking at that bright smile and the grip on the wheel... Good luck getting it back in proper working order.. and welcome to the forum. :)

hey there nice ride! good luck getting it sorted out, then ya gotta drive it! if you have problems ask the guy's on the forum they are good people.

Sitting high & mighty... awesome car.

Bondo? No scar, no story. :)
Rust? Reminder to have fun NOW.
Leaks? Marking its territory.
Needs tweaking? Proof it's a machine, not a computer.

Love every minute, tracing every issue, roll down the windows, crank up the classic rock and hit the highway.

Sorry, I went off... it happens when I get around real machines with real scars and real stories. Seeing these come back to life is like Springtime.

Vroom, vroom...

Nice Charger wish ours was that nice before we started.

Auto Transport Service
Back