• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Charger - Seat Track Bolts To Floor Pan Nut Torque

garyinmich

Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
More help needed. I'm ready to put the bucket seats back in (New foam) along with a new set of the correct nuts (5/16-18 W/flanged washer) and can't find a torque value for the nuts. Any help is appreciated!

I just tighten mine so they are tight enough not to come loose (I usually dab a bit of silicone on the threads as well to stop the nuts undoing).

They aren't doing anything other than holding the seat to the floor in a static environment. If they come loose the worse thing that will happen is the seat rocks back and forth...at which point you tighten them. Similar to bumper bar brackets etc, there might not even be a torque listing in the manual.

Agree. I've always just made them "tight".

You may want to consider some type of plastic cover for the threads as they can get pretty crusty and possibly dinged up over time.

I put things that look like closet made shelving tip covers on mine. Only covers the last half dozen threads, but better than nothing.

Auto Transport Service
Back