• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 Cuda long stored listed for sale Not mine

Speaking as only applies to E-body…
(No ‘Cuda pre 1970, only Barracuda)
‘70 had (2) headlights
‘71 had (4) headlights
‘72 thru ‘74 went back to (2) again
Might want to investigate the A56 and A57 options on 69's....

Speaking as only applies to E-body…
(No ‘Cuda pre 1970, only Barracuda)
‘70 had (2) headlights
‘71 had (4) headlights
‘72 thru ‘74 went back to (2) again
'Cuda option, with 340, 383 or 440 was available for the 1969 a-body.

My jaw is dropping over the incredible story that must be behind this car - and y'all are tangenting off on
headlights...
Sheesh. :lol:

Might want to investigate the A56 and A57 options on 69's....

'Cuda option, with 340, 383 or 440 was available for the 1969 a-body.

Acknowledged. Never knew that. But I will going forward. Thanks for the education fellas.

edit: I went back and edited my post containing that incorrect info earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
Is that "moonstone"?

Some might be aware of this Mannix tv show trivia. In ’72 they took the front grille work and rear back panel from a ’72 Cuda and put it on a ’70 vert, as the verts were dropped after ’71, to keep Mannix having a drop top for that season driving what appeared as a ’72.

Some might be aware of this Mannix tv show trivia. In ’72 they took the front grille work and rear back panel from a ’72 Cuda and put it on a ’70 vert, as the verts were dropped after ’71, to keep Mannix having a drop top for that season driving what appeared as a ’72.
The did the same thing to the e body convertible cars on the Brady Bunch, the Mod Squad,and on Medical Center. I saw what I believe was a pilot 72 Challenger convertible for sale in Massachusetts back in the 80s. I thought it was a car someone made into a 72,but the VIN read JH27G2B. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but it was probably the only 72 convertible e body ever built. The sequence number was 1000XX I can't remember the last two digits, but 15 or 18 come to mind.

When the convertible Cuda was gone, they gave Mannix a 72 Challenger rallye with a factory electric sunroof.

The did the same thing to the e body convertible cars on the Brady Bunch, the Mod Squad,and on Medical Center. I saw what I believe was a pilot 72 Challenger convertible for sale in Massachusetts back in the 80s. I thought it was a car someone made into a 72,but the VIN read JH27G2B. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but it was probably the only 72 convertible e body ever built. The sequence number was 1000XX I can't remember the last two digits, but 15 or 18 come to mind.
Interesting, was not aware of this. As a vert guy, too bad ma mopar didn't offer the 72-74 in a vert. Traded in my '70 Cuda vert for a '73 Challenger, lol, how much I didn't realize what I had then. If the new gen Challengers had come out in a vert, I'm rather certain I'd have one now.

I almost bought the "Mod Squad" 71/72 car in 1992 for $3500!!!

They are exact copies of the 70 to 73 Camaro taillights!
On the Mopars the taillight lenses were screwed from the trunk side. It looked much cleaner. On GM cars, including the Corvette, at least 60’s into 70’s they screwed in from the front. I always thought it looked cheap.

Auto Transport Service
Back