• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Road Runner "Driveway Find" -- Thoughts on Value?

Did you rotate for 2 full revolutions?
A stuck valve will show up then.
Of course you could have faked that you were unable to budge it and then save a quick $1,000...
But honest guys like us wouldn't dream of such criminality.

Ah! Only about 3/4 of the way. After talking with him for a while, it seems like he is really a chevy guy and decided to let it go after he had trouble fixing brakes. This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen on a mopar...

EF8019A9-9DB2-449F-AC62-7932107A513E.jpeg

Its not the price of the project so much... as how many $$$ and hrs. it takes to make it worth owning!!!!
Always try to buy the most compete and best project..relative to price!!! Cheap is not always cheap!!:thumbsup::lol:

I agree with that! The windows are crooked and off their tracks. So I spent some time looking for window regulator repops last night on the web. Seems like there are electric ones are available but not manual? Anyway, lots of fun to come if the deal goes through. The part search is half of the fun!

The underside look clean as hell.
And the rust look minimal also.
As a Canadian, where all the car of those years are rusted everywhere, that's an easy fix.
Motor are easier to fix than frame or body...

Yeah GM's, body by Fisher, power train by Walt Disney.

That car is probably worth $10K in Calif, less is a good deal

Ah! Only about 3/4 of the way. After talking with him for a while, it seems like he is really a chevy guy and decided to let it go after he had trouble fixing brakes. This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen on a mopar...

View attachment 1187784
Ok, now this is an intervention. Save that car no matter the cost!

I have a 73 roadrunner I bought 40 years ago at age 18 and still have and love it with a 340. Just from pics it's a true roadrunner because u got 8 3/4 rear non roadrunner has 8 1/4 rear. Funny though a Duster 340 same year came with 8 1/4 rear. Just decode the tag. If u love it, buy to enjoy driving and working on,don't buy if it's for an investment.

I have a 73 roadrunner I bought 40 years ago at age 18 and still have and love it with a 340. Just from pics it's a true roadrunner because u got 8 3/4 rear non roadrunner has 8 1/4 rear. Funny though a Duster 340 same year came with 8 1/4 rear. Just decode the tag. If u love it, buy to enjoy driving and working on,don't buy if it's for an investment.
Thanks! I have never profited from a mopar. Always underwater.

Built mine because I always wanted one. The 69 was the car of my era. Four speed car with bucket seat's and console. Even though this car was a bench seat 4 speed. I built it like as if I ordered it. Just to find one that is workable is a big deal. Lot's of junk out their. But their are guy's buying them and turning them around and they are show quality in the end. Good luck hope you get it and bring it back to it's former Glory.

Built mine because I always wanted one. The 69 was the car of my era. Four speed car with bucket seat's and console. Even though this car was a bench seat 4 speed. I built it like as if I ordered it. Just to find one that is workable is a big deal. Lot's of junk out their. But their are guy's buying them and turning them around and they are show quality in the end. Good luck hope you get it and bring it back to it's former Glory.
:thumbsup:

So here was mine in the beginning. Paid 7
IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
thou for it. Mustang seat's in it. OUCH!!!!!!

Hey blue....those seat are actually Pontiac Sunfire seats.
1998 and up to be exact - I have one.
Actually they are pretty comfy.

Thanks for the info 71Beeper. Got new scat seat's through Summit racing. Good price also slider's. Did have to modify the bracket some for the front floor pan holes. But was not that big of a deal. Love them full recline and head rest. Had a back seat cover made to match the pattern on the front seat's.
IMG_0105 (5).JPG

I love my 340 RR, if that one is truly a 340 and its numbers matching, i would start at $3500, that is if the missing parts are in the trunk or somewhere, if not, maybe a bit less, if they are maybe a bit more. A bit less if the quarters are rusted out and/or full of bondo!

If i can turn my 73 from this
View attachment 1187566

To this
View attachment 1187567

That one you are looking at should be doable!

Good luck!
That... is a freakin' beautiful car. I don't care what anybody says. Truth be told, the 71-74 cars are a substantial improvement over the prior years, notwithstanding the loss of power. But, that is easily corrected.

Wow, here in the Northeast that car would be worth 10K all day if it is rust free - I would gladly pay 9 or 10 grand for it.

I have a 73 340 Slap Stik automatic car that was my first car. I have always enjoyed driving it and still do. The 340 is a great engine, and now that mine is a 416 stroker it is even more fun. Here it is from 3 days ago.

20211031_161614.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back