• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Roadrunner frame stiffening help and options

Any chance you would be willing to take some good detail pics and post them up?
I would be happy to try, but I don't have a lift and I do not believe my car has torque boxes at all. They installed offset rear hangers and a narrower 8 3/4" rear. They welded a piece of thin channel from the rear of the front frame to the front of the rear section. The connectors are not the much heftier type that get welded up to the floor itself. I think an additional brace was welded on the top of the floor on each side to help stiffen as well. The roll bar mounts near that reinforcement. I have never seen it but can feel it through the carpeting. I don't have much time to play with the car as I am pretty much overloaded with a million other things and it was too cold to do anything during the Winter. They also removed the front sway bar, power steering and heater box and all other creature comforts as it was a race only car for years. Little by little I have been re-installing the missing items and upgrading what I can, when I can. I was looking into solid mounts a while back as if I hammered the car too much, the engine would twist towards the passenger side and the headers rubbed over there. Had to loosen the motor mounts and pry engine back to the drivers side and dog down the mounting bolts as tight as I could. I looked into solid motor mounts and such including Shumaker stuff but the change to rubber isolators leaves no out of the box fix.
You can see some of the roll bar in my garage pictures. If you really want to see the under side connectors I could sneak a camera under there and post them up for you. Let me know. Other than that, best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back