• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 Roadrunner leaf springs

UKPlymouth

Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
Can't find a replacement set anywhere. Is it correct that the two sides are different length?
I want a new, not re-tempered set. Any ideas:most 'net sites are quiet on 1973 specific springs.

Summit racing has them.they are 440 and hemi springs but they work fine on my 383 71 rr

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-4452982

I had a local frame repair shop make me a new set of springs. They were a little stiffer than stock and curved to accomadate solid mounting to the axle (no more rubber isolators)
solid-mount-axle.jpg
and to raise the back about an inch. I like the stance better now.
stance.jpg

If you can't find a source over there I think FirmFeel here in the states might also have springs and the plates to replace the isolators.

Last edited:
If you want to stay stock, springs n things is where I got mine. They also do the final arc of the springs so they are as close to same height on both sides. 73 RR is a one year spring. As far as I know they should not be different lengths.

Thanks all, I had the idea that each side was different. I know that 1973 is a one off item. Most sites claim 68-74, but when you click for fit you find that they only go to 1972 fitment. I will try the above links.
By the way, what is the current view on the quality of Mopar super Stock springs currently?

Thanks all, I had the idea that each side was different. I know that 1973 is a one off item. Most sites claim 68-74, but when you click for fit you find that they only go to 1972 fitment. I will try the above links.
By the way, what is the current view on the quality of Mopar super Stock springs currently?

What's the difference with the 1973 spring vs 1974?

I don't know the difference between 73/74, just something I read elsewhere on here, I think.
I can get Mopar Performance springs shipped over, but my supplier is a bit wary having heard of some users being unhappy with the quality. Once they are here it is too expensive to ship back to the states.

Great for drag racing, I do not know how well they do for everyday street racing. I got the HD springs for mine which is all I need. I have read here that some didn't like how much higher their car sat in the rear after being installed.

Mopar Perf springs can be adjusted by using an adjustable front hanger , redrilling or making new front mounts, so as far as height you would be safe. Ride quality may not be great and some have commented that they are not as stiff as they used to be due to supplier or ?. 73 is a odd year because it can have 72(shorter and round front eye) or 74 (longer and front oval eye). If it has 72 you have a lot of choices, 74 none but custom. Espo springs and things are a good bet for quality stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back