• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 RR Bumpers

John Hogan

Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
After my post about my RR resto bumpers I appreciate the input. Amazing how things change when you haven't restored a MOPAR in 30 years! After your advice and a little research it seems that Bumper Boyz is DEFINITELY out! TC Plating was very responsive but still more than I can afford at this time.
Since I had absolutely no idea that I would need to cough up $2,000 for quality bumper rechrome including shipping. And locally the plating for the headlight bezels is crazy even after I straighten them.
I found this pic online.
My better half hates it, my thought is that it would be an economy way to take care of the bumpers and headlight bezels for now. Later when funds allow they could still be stripped and plated.
Any thoughts?

7A6B9E68-E74D-426D-B94E-EA8A68B8284B.jpeg

Call me demented, but I like it; especially considering the budget.

I followed every post in your RR build. Amazing work, congratulations! Who did the bumpers for your car?

I did. The original bumpers were in decent enough shape to just polish. The rear needed to be straightened a little, but that went without a hitch. On my other Roadrunner the back bumper has the chrome flaking off (https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/talk-about-quick.235384/#post-912111588) so I will have to find a replacement for that. There are a few older salvage yards in my area that should have one, but I haven't checked yet. If not I will go to plane "B" and head south on a vacation to try and find one. Couple of good yards in Missouri that we checked in on a few years ago. And, thanks for the compliment.

If you're going to paint the bumpers to save money, why not go with a silver or faux-chrome spray? You get the OEM look from a few feet back without having to eat Mr Noodles for a year.

Chrome wrap?

Chrome wrap?

Didn't think of that. Hmmmmmmmmm:

99529699EA124280AA019218812B887D30987000-1.jpg

Doesn't look too bad. Will have to look into this a little deeper but looks like it might be an option.

I would rather look at crappy pitted chrome than painted bumpers and bezels myself.

I'm a hater of chrome but also think body color bumpers don't quite look right unless they're tucked in and the gaps tightened up like a modern car.. that's just me.

I'm a hater of chrome but also think body color bumpers don't quite look right unless they're tucked in and the gaps tightened up like a modern car.. that's just me.
I agree with 747. If it was me I would body work them. And get them chrome vinyl wrapped as some others have said.

Auto Transport Service
Back