• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger cruise control

check the thread you started about the plug wires... found the pics of the actual wires with the measurement tape at a side.

I edited the reply you quoted a bit maybe while you were quoting

View attachment 839877 Several of those are pictures I took of other cars at Carlisle while I was getting mine connected. Some one routed their engine vacuum line to the booster through that, don't know why. My car is actually the first 2 pictures.
As far as the length, that's what the parts book says, if yours are shorter and they work, it shouldn't be an issue. One thing I can tell you is the one that goes to the transmission routes funny and a long way around to avoid the exhaust pipes heat etc.

I did try to send you a PM with my number, said your inbox was full!

Well you can tell him that! lol. This is the set he directed me to, said it was perfect for my setup with original HP manifolds. I guess if they don't fit Mancini can have them back.

https://www.manciniracing.com/marafafitfiw3.html

I'd like to get 7 mm 250 firecores... at the time I got from them they were 8 mm, while firecore 50s were 8,5 mm...

note on description they don't talk about year ( nobody does, not even firecore website ), and THINGS CHANGED between 72 and 73.

Nacho is correct, those do not look long enough from the picture ... call them and get measurements.
The Mopar ones were not only listed incorrectly in their catalog, even the ones they SAY were correct were not long enough, that is why I had them routed the way I did. As I said I found an NOS set at Carlisle for cheap as it was missing the coil wire (so what).
As far as the rad, it should be on your fender tag, last number 26 or 28. It is also on your build sheet if you have it. Line 3 where it says RAD, there are 2 numbers and they are the last 2 of your radiator. Mine is 47 so it's 28 inch 3673947.
Yours according to the chart I have could be one of several depending on engine and accessories.
I am going to clear my inbox now, and I will post some new pics I just took from my phone.

IMG_20190925_132921.jpg
IMG_20190925_132915.jpg
IMG_20190925_132907.jpg
IMG_20190925_132858.jpg
IMG_20190925_132852.jpg
IMG_20190925_132845.jpg

I'd like to get 7 mm 250 firecores... at the time I got from them they were 8 mm, while firecore 50s were 8,5 mm...

note on description they don't talk about year ( nobody does, not even firecore website ), and THINGS CHANGED between 72 and 73.

I told him multiple times I had a 74 car and that 73 and 74 cars had longer wires. He sent me to that set. Not going to be thrilled with firecore if these don't fit.

Nacho is correct, those do not look long enough from the picture ... call them and get measurements.
The Mopar ones were not only listed incorrectly in their catalog, even the ones they SAY were correct were not long enough, that is why I had them routed the way I did. As I said I found an NOS set at Carlisle for cheap as it was missing the coil wire (so what).
As far as the rad, it should be on your fender tag, last number 26 or 28. It is also on your build sheet if you have it. Line 3 where it says RAD, there are 2 numbers and they are the last 2 of your radiator. Mine is 47 so it's 28 inch 3673947.
Yours according to the chart I have could be one of several depending on engine and accessories.
I am going to clear my inbox now, and I will post some new pics I just took from my phone.

Here's my fender tag. No build sheet, unless it's still in the car. There is an unknown 28 on it, no letter in front. Also an unknown E68. Interested in seeing the V5X option, black side stripes. No stripes on the car now but you can see evidence that there was at one time. Anyone have pictures of a 74 SE car with this option?

P4G: 400 250HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA

E68: Unknown
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
KG8: Deep Sherwood Poly Exterior Color
V3G6: Trim - Unknown, Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seat, Green
000: Full Door Panels
A22: Build Date: October 22
125744: Order number

V1W: Full Vinyl Top, White
U: USA Specifications
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
G55: Outside LH Remote Painted Racing Mirror
G65: Outside RH Manual Painted Racing Mirror
G75: Dual Painted Racing Mirrors

H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
J52: Inside Hood Release
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings

M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
N88: Auto Speed Control

P31: Power Windows
R35: AM/FM Stereo Radio (10 Watts)
V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black
V78: Accent Stripes, Deleted
28: Unknown
END: End of Sales Codes

28 is the number I was looking for, that is your rad size.
Yours could take either:
3692947 1974 B 28" 400 440 Both Both 6 With I/C
3692953 1974 B 28" 400 440 Both A/C With N51
Second to last is trans and HVAC - one is both one is AC only (N51) which is max engine cooling which it looks as if you do not have.
I would say the correct rad for your car is 3692947 same as mine.
E68 is 400 4bbl HiPerf engine.
V5X is side mouldings, yours black. pics attached
10508051-1974-dodge-charger-std.jpg

10508053-1974-dodge-charger-std.jpg

28 is the number I was looking for, that is your rad size.
Yours could take either:
3692947 1974 B 28" 400 440 Both Both 6 With I/C
3692953 1974 B 28" 400 440 Both A/C With N51
Second to last is trans and HVAC - one is both one is AC only (N51) which is max engine cooling which it looks as if you do not have.
I would say the correct rad for your car is 3692947 same as mine.
E68 is 400 4bbl HiPerf engine.
V5X is side mouldings, yours black. pics attached
View attachment 840642
View attachment 840643

That's a pretty car! Love the color. Any place I can buy that black side moulding?

Same question on radiator. I've used glen ray before but that was always sending an original radiator and him sending it back. Thanks!

Thanks, it still has a few bugs but we're getting there.
Well, just at a quick search, there are several places that carry aftermarket mouldings. You'd have the choose the closest.
https://www.customautotrim.com/body-side-moldings/body-side-moldings/
Chrysler actually has part numbers for them, (black) 3749042 (all 3 pieces) same which tells me they came on a roll.
As far as Glen-Ray, Bob is a great guy. They do great work and he may even have one in stock, worth a call.

Thanks, it still has a few bugs but we're getting there.
Well, just at a quick search, there are several places that carry aftermarket mouldings. You'd have the choose the closest.
https://www.customautotrim.com/body-side-moldings/body-side-moldings/
Chrysler actually has part numbers for them, (black) 3749042 (all 3 pieces) same which tells me they came on a roll.
As far as Glen-Ray, Bob is a great guy. They do great work and he may even have one in stock, worth a call.

I've dealt with Bob before, great work. I found one for $60 plus shipping, pretty beat up but I think Bob can make it pretty. Plan is to have it shipped directly to him. I hope to close that deal tomorrow.

Without seeing that molding up close on a car it will be really hard for me to choose something aftermarket, but I'll take a look at that site you gave me. If you get some time take a look at let me know which one you would buy if yours was missing!

Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back