• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger Full Vinyl Top M07 Spring Special Question

j3y_w4lk3r

Local time
11:05 PM
Reaction score
I recently acquired this 74 Charger, it has the full vinyl top with louver delete, but I thought this vinyl top option was specified by the M07 fender tag code? I know the car was repainted in its past, since its original color is gold metallic, so maybe they swapped these parts onto it then? It has all the trim & interior pieces which leads me to believe it came that way from the factory, it has the v1w code which might be the full top? All info I could find on all forums leads to this top being explained by m07 instead, that’s why I’m stumped. Thanks for any advice

IMG_3098.jpeg

IMG_3353.jpeg

V1W is the full vinyl top in white. M07 is the opera windows. Lovers were only on SE's which yours is not. M07 would trigger a full vinyl top to hide the insert.

See if you have a build sheet in the seat backs or bottoms. More info there, it is possible the opera window were added but I am not sure the code appears on a Lynch Rd tag.

V1W is the full vinyl top in white. M07 is the opera windows. Lovers were only on SE's which yours is not. M07 would trigger a full vinyl top to hide the insert.

See if you have a build sheet in the seat backs or bottoms. More info there, it is possible the opera window were added but I am not sure the code appears on a Lynch Rd tag.
Thanks for the help. That makes a little more sense, but I still wonder, if M07 is referring to just the louver delete, would that mean that SE’s with the standard louvers could’ve come with that louver delete panel if the M07 option was chosen? I’ve never seen one like that if so. I gathered from other forums that M07 was the full vinyl top with louver delete panels as standard for M07, but you’re saying they specify specifically either just the vinyl top or louver/louver deletes individually? I wish the build sheet was there, someone reupholstered the front & rear seats in red & white vinyl, it looks so goofy. I’m assuming the build sheet is long gone. *cries*

IMG_2225.png

IMG_2226.png

The formal vinyl top with lovers was standard on Charger SE, WP29 cars. M07 was optional on WP29 SEs, and WH23 hardtop cars, and maybe even coupes. And yes if ordered on an SE the formal vinyl top with lovers was replaced with the full top and opera window.

The formal vinyl top with lovers was standard on Charger SE, WP29 cars. M07 was optional on WP29 SEs, and WH23 hardtop cars, and maybe even coupes. And yes if ordered on an SE the formal vinyl top with lovers was replaced with the full top and opera window.
Thank you, finally more information about this weird/rare/pretty cool option is available for others to learn about!

Auto Transport Service
Back