• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 dual badge

Like I said... mine had just a GTX decal on the sides of the buldge on the 73, and I never saw any GTX badges on the 72, although I was about the 3rd or 4th owner of the 72 so they could have been removed, but I think I would have seen some ghosting since it was the original paint.

They could have been removed by the first owner or maybe they were never put on at the factory. That happened a lot.

they were never put on at the factory. That happened a lot.

I’d have to disagree with that part of that statement. While inspecting cars being off-loaded from the trucks at the dealerships I worked at back then, I never saw any name plates/badges outright missing. I have however, removed numerous sets of stick-on name plates and/or call-outs from various cars pre-delivery over the years, normally at the initial buyers request for whatever reason. The stick-on pot metal badges are easily removed and will leave no indication they were ever present if removed before paint starts to fade seriously.
There was a lot of dealer performed alterations that took place prior to the first purchase and delivery back then, still goes on today for that matter.

Wonder if this one is oringinal;
CIMG0732.jpg

CIMG0731.jpg

I believe the 73 Looked like this.While this was not a original 440 Car it is a True RR with white stripe package that now has a Stroked 440/500 but i chose to not put the stripe back on. I did some research and my understanding was it would look like the attached pics only with full Hood and roof stripes.

Attachments

• IMG_9910_0041.jpg
    IMG_9910_0041.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_9915_0036.jpg
    IMG_9915_0036.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 230
And I'll have to disagree because I have seen numerous cars that arrived at the dealer after being unloaded that had missing emblems because the wrong panel was installed at the factory and didn't provide the necessary holes for emblem installation, so they were never put on. Of course it was then the responsibility of the dealer to get an emblem from the parts department and have it installed before anyone noticed. I have also seen brand new cars with severe flaws in the paint that made it past inspection and ended up at the dealer. Ever see a big fat thumb print in plain view on a Super Bee hood?

Cool

I believe the 73 Looked like this.While this was not a original 440 Car it is a True RR with white stripe package that now has a Stroked 440/500 but i chose to not put the stripe back on. I did some research and my understanding was it would look like the attached pics only with full Hood and roof stripes.

That is a nice looking ride!

Thanks Ron73. Its a work in progress and hopefully some day i'll have it finished. I work oversea's so don't get a lot of time to work on it. Was back in Texas March month and installed my Stroked 440/500 and stupid like didn't refresh my Tranny. When i got it back on the road it was OK 1st and 2nd but third couldn't handle the torque so i now have a new TCI 727 at my buddies shop waiting for me to install next week when i plan to take a few days. Hopefully will get a chance to drive it this time. I have attached a couple of pics of the whole car.

Attachments

• IMG_10821.JPG
    IMG_10821.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 73 RR 500 Stroker.jpg
    73 RR 500 Stroker.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 198
I have to admit, I was hoping you would post a picture.. I like how it looks with the hood painted and just the 440 and GTX emblem, I wish i would have left mine alone now.. I wouldn't have put a GTX on it or the RR decals, maybe someday ill do it over and change some things, love that red that you chose, it with white interior is sharp!

To the original poster, yeah, 79 sounds like the correct production for a 74 GTX.

If you can get it for a good price, grab it.

GTX badges

This is the correct location and looks like the correct style GTX badges for 73 & 74s. AMD is now making floor pans, trunk pans, trunk drop offs, inner and outter wheel house and lower quarter patch panels

Front and rear foot well pans, firewall and 71/3 trunk pan are being reproduced. 74 trunk pan is not. Neither are 73/4 front frames, 71/4 rear frames, 71/4 under rear seat pan, 71/4 cowl plate, 73/4 front inner fenders. 71/4 Plymouth dutchman is but not 71/4 Charger.
I carry alot of 71/4B original metal when I can.

386 1974 RR code U cars made all auto tranny.
749 of them in 1973
672 in 1972. 453 autos and 219 4-spds.

Auto Transport Service
Back