• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'74 Rallye 440 Aztec

I agree, always a good thing when the paint guy insists it aint good enough yet.

sure sign of an honest joe.

Here are a few pics I took this morning. Car was reshot saturday and will be buffed out by wednesday. Even up close, it almost doesn't need it.

100_5319.gif

100_5320.gif

100_5318.gif

100_5324.gif

100_5325.gif

that color looked like it went on real smooth.

A real nice paint job, you can read the signs in the reflection in the hood, no orange peel here!
Wish I could find someone that could paint my car like that...

freakin beautiful!!!!! Damn, I keep seeing these bronze cars and it keeps pulling meeee.......no, I gotta stay with the orange.

That hood shot looks like a pool of water, like you could dive into it. lol

Here are a few crappy cell phone pics I took this afternoon. I get it back tomorrow if it isn't raining, again. No rain all summer and now it has to start?

b0a5209e.gif

cade65a8.gif

Getting ready for the short cruise home. Had to put the rear bumper on for brake lights.

100_5341.gif

100_5343.gif

Back where she belongs, squeezed next to her older brother. The easy part is done, paying someone else to do the paint. Now to put everything back together and clean up the polish residue and shop dust.

100_5344.gif

100_5345.gif

100_5347.gif

100_5348.gif

Love that color on that car. Looks great! I'm a new member. I have a 70 Coronet. I was wondering if that color was available in 1970 for the Coronet?

Good looking car!

Yeah, metallics can be a pain. Seems the temp has to be dead on or they won't flow out right.

I never heard of an Aztec model.

8/11 update

Picked my '74 up this morning from getting the vinyl top and headliner installed. Took a whole 2 days. Most of the interior panels dyed, have a few more pieces to do. Now to put it back together and clean, clean, clean.

100_5491.gif

100_5493.gif

100_5492.gif

100_5494.gif

That is a gorgeous car! I really like that body style now and wouldn't mind finding one like that. I owned a 74 400 SE once. Had the bulge hood, same color as your I think and had the Aztec interior with shag carpet.

Auto Transport Service
Back