• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'74 Rallye 440 Aztec

MRHWS

Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
Getting her ready for a visit to the paint shop on friday.
100_4950.gif

Aztec gold poly JL6 with Aztec cloth interior. Less than 5 Rallye 440s built, a few more 360s and probably about 100 360 SEs.

100_4868.gif

100_4331.gif

74RallyeInteriorRear.gif

Looks really nice, why is it going to the paint shop?
This is the worst part on the car, but the hood, roof and trunk have scratches from when car was cleaned by previous owner when pulled out of the shed. Looked like maybe it was wiped down with a dry rag.
100_4990.gif

That car looks great! I love the color combination!

Finally some work done on the '74. The vinyl top revealed some interesting stuff. The top itself, was outstanding. the a pillars and factory welds, not so nice, but not that bad. Anyone ever see a number like this in the last shot?

100_5011.gif

100_5014.gif

100_5015.gif

When I peeled the top off my 69 there was all kinds of ink print transfered in reverse onto the roof skin from the backside of the vinyl material itself.

Great looking Charger, Those seats are trippy! I am glad your keeping it stock! Love that color combo!

After just sitting for most of May, a little light at the end of the tunnel. Started removing the paint and found some interesting stuff. Appears the car was stripped and painted years ago. Under the paint, which he said was the hardest paint he ever removed, were 2 primers, 1 black and 1 gray, and no original paint. The paint was a single stage imron type and tough as nails. He is pulling the windshield to check for rust due to what was on the a pillars. He suspects there has to be some underneath the glass and doesn't want to do a halfass job. The plus is that he didn't find any signs of rust in the usual spots or any signs of accident repair.
100_5145.gif

100_5144.gif

Great news. The windshield was pulled thursday and no rot in the channels. Just a little surface scale. Moving along quickly now with 2 guys working nonstop since wednesday. They are working on it all day today to get it done. No body rust or damage other than the visable front fender creases. If all goes as planned today, I should have it home by friday.

100_5149.gif

100_5155.gif

looking good! I bet it is painful seeing it all stripped down like that.

Update 6/8/11

Car is painted, but Eddie is not happy with the hood and trunk. I couldn't notice it, but he says paint is too heavy in metallic and you can see streaks in it. He is going to switch to a Dupont paint and reshoot it in a couple days. Says I now have a good base coat.

100_5217.gif

100_5216.gif

100_5218.gif

100_5219.gif

Well the delay sucks, but better them finding it now then you noticing it later. Either way, she's looking sweet!

Auto Transport Service
Back