• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Satellite - Aftermarket stereo

I put one of those in my '71 Road Runner. Decent sound and looks as close to stock as you are going to get in newer radio. If you want to listen to AC/DC or Aerosmith up loud, you will need an amp.

I put one of those in my '71 Road Runner. Decent sound and looks as close to stock as you are going to get in newer radio. If you want to listen to AC/DC or Aerosmith up loud, you will need an amp.

AC/DC.......yes - Aerosmith...........that's for girls LoL

I'm sure it's a pretty cheap unit, but if it drives the front speakers for high freq end it's good.............I got a box and 500watts for the rear.

So....it fits well and has lasted a few yrs.............?

-------------------------------------

OK

I just bought one...........hope to have by Wed for install over holidays.

I'll post some info and pics for review.

I got one of those stereos and paired it up with this old school Boss EQ. The EQ is inexpensive but sounds pretty good. 31MwO2Kt2kL[1].jpg

Attachments

• MP944059678a_Seal_BLX.png
    MP944059678a_Seal_BLX.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 215
Got my RetroSound unit.

It's cool....the design allows for fitment to many vehicles.

I have the 2 knobs to the left.....so here is how it will be.......but with brackets, of course

DSC04796_zpsocmqoyqg.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Since we have (mostly) progressed past CDs it is great to have small units and no dash chopping.
I will be using the USB and AUX inputs

Got a pair of Kicker 6X8 speakers. I plan to mount them up under the dash and leave the stock center speaker in place.

I know if I used a center speaker it would bug me with sound all coming from the center.

They are the proper 4 ohm and should be decent as they will produce highs and mids and my trunk box can do the lows.

Took a while to get the bracket as I like, but it worked out pretty well.

Looks like a factory radio....especially using the little screen protector with white numbers.

DSC04824%20-%20Copy_zps4rjabqkt.jpg

Did you try using the factory knobs?

Auto Transport Service
Back