• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

741 8 3/4 Timken Pinion Bearing Part #

Macdon221

Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
Struggling to find the Timken Part numbers for the Pinion bearing and race for the front and rear.

I have the parts from a vender...but just triple checking before disassembly.

Anyone help?

Thanks

Madon221

These are Bower/BCA numbers but interchanging the numbers is a easy task...

Pinion inner: HM89446/HM89410
Pinion outer:M88048/M88010

Thanks 1 wild RT...that is the exact ones that I have in hand.

I like to have my ducks in a row before I forge ahead...so appreciate it.

Macdon221

There's an article floating around on the internet it has all that information for them. I'll look on my laptop in the morning and see if I can find the bookmark for it

There's an article floating around on the internet it has all that information for them. I'll look on my laptop in the morning and see if I can find the bookmark for it

I had that link till I lost a hard drive a few years ago....

go to Ratech Manufacturing website -- when i have to check bearing numbers for Chrysler , Ford , GM differentials i go there -- their bearings kits and small parts like shims , seals , carrier bolts etc. are the best price around ,, just click on their part number and the details are given --also easy to get their kits thru Summit etc.

http://www.crazysmopar.com/tech_rearax.html
This isn't the one I was looking for but it seems to pretty much cover the same info including the 40 year old story about how the 41 case is weak or is the weakest one of the bunch. Dr. Diff covers that argument pretty good imo. I've hammered the 41's before and have never broke one. Actually, I sold all the 89's I got and kept the 'junk' weak ones for me. The biggest down side to the 41's is the availability of gears for them probably due to the lack of interest so the aftermarket concentrated on the popularity of the 'better' ones.

I ran the 741 for years
Drove it like I stole it
never broke it but it was noisy from day one
Finally got tired of the gear noise
Made the mistake of trying to fix it
Only made the noise worse
So I decided it was time for new gears
Coudn't get 3.91 gears for the 741 case
so I ended up going to the 489

BTW 6 Months ago I bought all new bearings for the 741 case from Dr. Diff

Auto Transport Service
Back