• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 742 Sure Grip Posi Pumpkin Chunk Third Member $850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for sale is a recently rebuilt and ready to install 742 case 8.75" third member with 4.88 Mopar ring and pinion. This center section was rebuilt for previous owner but was never installed. He sold it to me as he was told that it was a 410 gear but as I pointed out to him, the ring is clearly marked 4.89 (4.88 ), we then counted the pinion and ring teeth and I confirmed for him that in fact this was a 4.88 setup, too tall for him. I purchased to put on shelf but shelf is full so time to go.

The ring is dated April 1968 for anyone looking for such information. Without pulling it apart, I suspect this is a ten tooth pinion based upon the date and size gear ratio.

This is a clutch style Sure Grip (posi) unit with the large pinion and large universal joint pinion yoke for big block application cars, perfect for drag racing or going really fast from red light to red light or 1/8 mile.

The listing includes FREE shipping to lower 48 United States, anywhere else it will cost you extra which will be calculated prior to payment.

Please send me a PM if you interested.

Attachments

• IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_2321.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 450
Price for third member has dropped to $700 plus the ride. I also have a very good condition Mopar ring and pinion with original shims, $800 if you want both the member and the 3.23 ring and pinion with the pinion shims that came with the pinion, send me a PM.

I have pulled the nut and washer to verify that this is truly a ten spline pinion for another member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back