• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

78 magnum wiper motor crank linkage bushing?

Tony Tee

Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
20220807_173528.jpg
Been looking in my service manual and got nothing! And on the Internet and I'm finding conflicting info. But it led me to forcbodiesonly forum and the orange bushing kit won't fit my 78 it will fit a 79 which doesn't help. Plus I stumbled on a couple of modified fixes . But they didn't give any details to machine the bushing..Has anyone fixed it? or can anyone lead me to the correct oem part?
Thanks in advance. Sincerely, Tony.
20220807_173505.jpg

In addition, all 3 of the smaller bushings were missing which is not a problem but the bushing that held the linkage arm to the wiper motor crank was also missing. So I have no clue what it's supposed to look like and again, the service manual does not show it in detail.

I'm not sure? I'll do more checking tomorrow after work .

I'm not sure? I'll do more checking tomorrow after work .

Hey dodgeboy5150.
Im sure those pieces won't work for my magnum. I have the same linkage as you for the 2 speed intermittent wipers..
You did good by finding the linkage you needed on ebay. I looked, none available on ebay now. By chance did you save your old broken bushing cam ? If I had an example of one, I can machine one. I found just the cam bushing that I need on ebay, but it's a reproduction piece and I'm leary of the quality. It might not last. Thanks, Tony.

Hey dodgeboy5150.
Im sure those pieces won't work for my magnum. I have the same linkage as you for the 2 speed intermittent wipers..
You did good by finding the linkage you needed on ebay. I looked, none available on ebay now. By chance did you save your old broken bushing cam ? If I had an example of one, I can machine one. I found just the cam bushing that I need on ebay, but it's a reproduction piece and I'm leary of the quality. It might not last. Thanks, Tony.

Hey Tony,
Sorry I didn't realize you needed a different linkage--I thought the 2 speed stuff from mid '77 and up was the same.
Anyways I don't have any pieces of my old cam bushing--it was completely gone when I bought my car :-(

There is one on ebay like the piece I bought (though price has gone up) here is the link NOS MoPar 1975-78 Plymouth Dodge Chrysler Wiper Drive Link and Large Cam Bushing | eBay

It might at least give you a better visual of the cam mechanism.
I also have a couple different part numbers for that linkage & cam in my '77 factory parts book-- just let me know and I'll post that info :thumbsup:

Hey dodgeboy, yes I could use those part numbers. The nos one on ebay is quite expensive. But it has good pictures so nice know what to look for. Thanks for your help. Sincerely, Tony.

I bought this from 59imperial on ebay.
Some of the parts match. So I think it will work using one of my old parts? As you can see in the picture, the crank side part detent ball recess is 180° out of phase of my old dark blue part. So I guess that's what I will try.
20220814_174132.jpg

OK, on my Magnum page on FB, a couple guys are finishing up making new bushing. Made from an NOS piece. Better material as well. Coming soon!!

OK, on my Magnum page on FB, a couple guys are finishing up making new bushing. Made from an NOS piece. Better material as well. Coming soon!!
Oh do so keep in touch on the progress because I’ll certainly take a few sets!

Just curious? So I bought my bushing kit from 59imperial on ebay. And the lower bushing is reversed from the one on my 78 magnum. luckily my lower bushing was still good. So, which lower bushing will these new kits have? And why is 59imperial not selling the kits anymore? Will these kits be affordable? My kit from
59imperial was $90 shipping included.

How about this one? I think it is for a 3 spd, wont fit my 2spd.

View attachment 1325395
This is part# 3879325. It fits a bunch of B, C and E bodies from 69-77. It happens to fit my 77 Cordoba. It doesn't happen to come with any instructions as to where the "V" fits in the spring?

You could use this but the arms won't park. I used one once and it works fine, just have to push the wipers down to park. No biggie

My wiper motor just, JUST broke at the attaching point on the backside connecting to the wipe transmission. So annoying!

Then suddenly, the wiper motor decides to go the extra mile for me and goes into the park position. GREAT!!!!! Just great….

Auto Transport Service
Back