• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

79. Chrysler 300 no spark

chargers777

Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
Changed the coil still no spark. Where to look . Still has the lean burn system. How to troubleshoot spark on that?

We know where this is going, I used to do these way back when. But... please provide a little more details.

Wile is probably more moons in then I am....
But .. I remember in high-school, I had a lean burn crapping out, gave it some whacks and it would go. That progressed into a c-clamp. That progressed into , when it quits running, tighten the c-clamp.
Long story short, they're junk.

Wile is probably more moons in then I am....
But .. I remember in high-school, I had a lean burn crapping out, gave it some whacks and it would go. That progressed into a c-clamp. That progressed into , when it quits running, tighten the c-clamp.
Long story short, they're junk.
Well, I started when there were only points ignition. Anyway, without any background detail here, I just jumped to one possible solution which we did many times back then. But, without any other details, it's like me saying " my backyard lamp is out, what's wrong ? "Then... " it doesn't go on".

Have you disconnected the mag p/up plug at the dist & measured the resistance? Wiggle the wires INSIDE the dist while testing.
Would think they should be 100-600 ohms.

I drove a 78 Dodge for many years. I carried a spare ignition module with me. They would occasionally fail. Two bolts and a wiring harness plug are all that's needed to swap one.
1676546252595.jpeg

We know where this is going, I used to do these way back when. But... please provide a little more details.
A-men to that brother! Hard to believe that spark control has not been changed out.

Auto Transport Service
Back