• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'79 Doba

Citrus1973

Banned
Banned
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
I went over and checked out this '79 Doba today. Anybody ever seen a 1 barrel carb on that year car? Or on any 318 for that matter? It appears to be completely original.
The guy is asking $1500. It is a completely solid Florida car. Wiper motor out and plastic piece at wiper motor shot. Don't know if I could even find them to replace. Heater core is by-passed. Trans is pushing fluid up the dipstick. I drove the car and it seems to shift fine. Smell burning fluid but think it might be on exhaust pipes. Interior pretty raggid. Including a couple of photos if I do it right.

2lvh4jn.jpg
[/IMG]

rhvl2p.jpg
[/IMG]

igfblu.jpg
[/IMG]

Any thoughts or comments?

it is not a 1 barrell it is a carter bbd open the choke plate and you will see the two throttle plates don't feel bad though you are not the only one to think it is a 1 barrell

I was gonna say I have never seen a mopar with a one barrel. Thinking maybe this was some sort of experimental gas saver deal. Still unsure if I even wanna pay a grand for it. It would be a good project but wondering if I could ever find any decent interior for it.

I didn't think to take interior pics. Was in a rush while I was there. Front seats are pretty much shredded. Rear seat not great. Lot of the plastic kinda dry rotted. Been looking all day for a company selling upholstery and carpets.

My Ramcharger had what l always thought was a 1 bbl Holley. Now l'm wondering if it actually was. It was an '85 with a 318 and, incidentally, the intended recipient of my Cordoba's drivetrain. Thats why l bought it in the first place, as a donor. The R/C is gone and l still have the 'doba. l think my old 64 D-200 had a 1-sucker on it too. 318 poly, 4-speed, 4 door stepside (Ute line). Cool old truck.

No modern Mopar V-8 had a one barrel - just the slant 6 motors. I agree that the small block 2-bbls are small compared to one from a big block and as moparmaniac said it looks like a 1-bbl until you actually look down (or up) it.

Still waiting to hear back from the seller on it. Made him an offer but says he has a guy trying to dig up the asking price.

i've pulled the asking price out of the bank. May just go pay it. Finding one that is this solid again could take a long time.

My slant six has a 1 bbl :)

I owned a 360 with a really small 2 bbl and swore it was a 1 bbl till i took the air cleaner off and looked down it.

Went and dropped off the remainder of the purchase price. Will have the car in the garage this evening. Picked up a set of "Premium" seat covers at WalMart to temporarily hide the front buckets. Will start a new thread with pics later.

Thanks for all the info so far, Don

I was gonna say I have never seen a mopar with a one barrel. Thinking maybe this was some sort of experimental gas saver deal. Still unsure if I even wanna pay a grand for it. It would be a good project but wondering if I could ever find any decent interior for it.
yes you can...I have complete interior, minus seats, that I got from another member about a year ago. still in the boxes. I can't afford to finish 76 Charger. Came out of a 77 Doba.

It appears to be the right color I'm needing the kick panels and the ones that go around the opera window all the way to the floor in the rear.

Why don't ya give me 350 and take the whole shooting match, including the leather seats, and I'll meet ya 1/2 one weekend? Say Jacksonville?

I'll definitely keep this offer in mind. Wanna get a look at those seats too. I put a few bucks in the jar every week. Got the 'Doba on the road today so, Off to a running start.

Auto Transport Service
Back