• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

79 magnum

Yes spool type engine mounts from the 400 must be used. It is possible that the 360 has a 727 if so the drive shaft can be re-used.
My 75 360 Charger came new with a 904.
Check but I believe the radiator for the big and small blocks in the late 70's B body cars are the same.Not sure what year they switched the big block water pump to the passenger side hose connection. I bought a big block rad for a 78 Cordoba that is now in my 63 with a 1970 318 that had the lower rad hose on the passenger side.

73-78 B bodies have different K frames for big block vs small block with the spool mounts. Can it be done without changing K frames or adaptor motor mounts, yes but the engine won't sit right, and you may have a bad angle for mounting the trans.
Another consideration is passenger side manifold/header clearance. The 73-4 big block cars had different inner fenders than the small block cars on the passenger side, but I don't know if the 75 and up cars did this. The water pump housing was changed in 72 to the passenger side, and the power steering brackets may need changing.

Mark

Auto Transport Service
Back