• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 8 3/4 A body housing w/axels 5x4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link I posted earlier shows the axel set from Dr. Diff with the green wheel seal bearings included and already installed. Makes this an even better deal!
Cool deal wish I would have seen that deal

Make sure you buy green bearings and press them onto the axle.
Uhhh....
Make sure? I'd much rather use the stock tapered bearings. The ball bearing "Green" units may be okay but the stock design is superior.

To each his own. :) Everyone has their preferences. He can do it either way. I don't expect him to follow my every word. I'm just another internet opinion guy.

I don't mean to be rude, I just read the "Be sure to" line and thought the OP should know the vast difference in durability between the two designs. A car built for cruising or straight line action, driven less than 3000 miles per year may do just fine with the ball bearing style. I like to corner hard so I prefer the stock style.

I've heard the pros and cons of each style. The older green bearings had a one piece housing and flange and didn't like the corners at all. A lot of premature failure.
The newer ones have a 2-piece housing and flange and last a lot longer. The tapered roller bearing is a proven setup. Dr Diff is a believer in the greens and installs them on his axles. I haven't have any problems with the newer greens but haven't done any extreme cornering with them, yet. Have them on my Dart which I plan to road race once I get her done so we'll see.

I bought a pair of Axles from Moser in 2004 and bought into the "Green Bearing" hype. The left wore out in less than 10,000 miles.

Well that sucks. I have no issues so far. But then again its a cruiser not a racer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back