• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 8-3/4 with 3.91 sure grip diff assy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtx6970

Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
FOR SALE
This is 741 case 8-3/4 differential assy. 3.91 gear set. On a clutch type suregrip carrier. It has the small U joint yoke.
I just removed it from my car to go to a more hiway friendly gear set.
Be advised it has a gear whine in it. As to why, I have no idea. Thus the price.
IMO the internals are all aftermkt as I see no Mopar markings on any of it.
Live with the noise, or fix it yourself if able. But its sold as is .
Price is firm at $400.

I'm on the southside of Tucson Arizona. PM me here for details Cash in person is the only way its avail
I realize it limits my sales pool. But be advised I am not real interested in shipping it.

20230619_105051.jpg

20230619_105040.jpg

20230619_105044.jpg

SALE PENDING
That's great news Bill!!! As I mentioned, I had it rebuilt using Rndy's Ring and Pinion gears as opposed to the original MOPAR ones as at the time, they were hard to come by. You should have the invoice in the folder I included along with the car. I am just wondering if maybe the bearings in there are shot causing the noise you experienced as at first when I had it done and put into the car, it was fine and quiet. The shop that did it was highly recommended back in CA where I had it done by several MOPAR club members there in Northern CA. But one just never knows. Also...I will be sending out some more parts for you at no charge for your stash. Mostly smaller stuff that I have no need for and as we agreed, all parts are included in the price you paid...TTYL...Bill :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's great news Bill!!! As I mentioned, I had it rebuilt using Rndy's Ring and Pinion gears as opposed to the original MOPAR ones as at the time, they were hard to come by. You should have the invoice in the folder I included along with the car. I am just wondering if maybe the bearings in there are shot causing the noise you experienced as at first when I had it done and put into the car, it was fine and quiet. The shop that did it was highly recommended back in CA where I had it done by several MOPAR club members there in Northern CA. But one just never knows. Also...I will be sending out some more parts for you at no charge for your stash. Mostly smaller stuff that I have no need for and as we agreed, all parts are included in the price you paid...TTYL...Bill :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
No worries .

PS, shoot me a pm please

ive got an unrelated question for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back