• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8HP70

Sorry for stirring up a bunch of crap but being an old guy i dont live on here and go to bed early. Just to show you I'm not full of it I'm going to post pictures of my cars. I don't know how to but my wife does.

IMG_1916.jpeg
IMG_1921.jpeg

The line up...2011 Camaro, 1986 Buick GN I've owned for 31 years, 2017 C7 Vette and my new to me, my 1964 Belvedere. I've always loved Mopars, just never got around to own one. My dad a lot of cool Mopars way back when. I don't like to brag but I hate being called a poser.

Did it bolt straight up or did you have to use an adapter plate? Or a special flexplate?

What are the torque ratings for that trans ? Just curious , is the 6.1 stock or warmed by over?

Would love to see any build photos. How did you install the shifter?
The 8hp70 is 9" tall at the back mount, I have one in my 2012 charger. It's not the shape of a 727 or turbo 350 :D

You can mount the shifter anywhere you want, it's fly by wire. No linkage. Yeah it's taller. My car was a original 4 speed and had that shifter hump so that helped. You ever seen one removed and setting on a pallet?

Last edited:
You can mount the shifter anywhere you want, it's fly by wire. No linkage. Yeah it's taller. My car was a original 4 speed and had that shifter hump so that helped. You ever seen one removed and setting on a pallet?
I have a nag1 in the shop but the 8spd only in my car so far. I got a 5.7/nag1 for $400 with shifter and computers as cores to trial fit before Russell supported the 8spd

Where in Iowa are you? I'm from Anamosa, would love to see how your did your car since I'm working on similar.

Auto Transport Service
Back