• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.5" Torque Converter Bolt Pattern

Fullthrottle303

Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
I put my 67 GTX on the lift today to install my new Dynamic Torque Converter. I first noticed that the factory converter bolts are 5/16-24 while the new converter takes 7/16-20. I then measured the bolt spacing on the new converter, if i recall correctly they measure 7-1/16" on 2, 7-1/8", and 7-1/4". I gather that this is so it will be clocked correctly on balanced converters. The 2 bolts positioned where I could measure on the car are 8" apart. Summit and Jegs don't have anything available, Dynamic is closed on Saturday, Hughes and Mancini both show a flexplate that has 3 bolt patterns. Looks like a large and small pattern for 5/16" bolts, and a small pattern 7/16". I'm guessing the small pattern 7/16" is what I need but I figured some of you guys will surely know. Hughes didn't answer and Mancini said they have one to measure but no time to do it for me, call back next week. I'll think about that before deciding, but I'll probably not ever call or order from them now. Regardless, the PRW Platinum Series SFI Xtreme Duty Flexplate says it has bolt patterns for 10" and 11-1/8" converters. I'm thinking this is what I need, just wanted some to verify it. Thanks in advance!

9 1/2 should be the smaller 10" diameter pattern...the same as a small block mopar. You are correct small block pattern w 7/16 bolts is what you need. Make sure it has the correct crank pattern for your engine as well.
Really like our 9 1/2" dynamic.

Last edited:
Only if its neutral balanced...If you have a 6 bolt crankshaft the flex plates are interchangable between bb and sb. They make a 6 bolt and a 8 bolt in the small pattern. They use the 10" pattern on most the aftermarket so they work on either bb to sb 727s.

Last edited:
Because the bolt spacing is not symmetrical, line up the holes and mark the converter and flexplate to simplify lining things up during installation.

Auto Transport Service
Back