• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 9027 tq

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumblefish360

Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
9027 Big TQ in nice shape in nice shape, $150+ship PM me.

The carb is for a IH-392 HEMI auto. Works real nice on built 340/360's from mild to good ol'street pounders.

Attachments

• Carbs 4 sale 010.jpg
    Carbs 4 sale 010.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 239
  • Carbs 4 sale 011.jpg
    Carbs 4 sale 011.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 243
i have a question for ya do you rebuild TQs, how difficult is it. a guy gave me one in the 80S said it was called the 1000cfm although it was only 8or9 something. he said it came off a police car.

I can rebuild my own stuff but not for anyone else. I do not do it for a biz, side biz or anyone on the net. I do it for fun and myself. I can do a total tear down and take it all apart. It is not a big deal. It is time consuming and a bit tedious as some parts are very small. If you wish to try it yourself, I say go for it! There not to difficult to do. The one main thing you MUST do is be very careful not to break the main body or the wells under it. Also realize that replacement parts are super difficult to get. You will have to rely on a similar carb for core parts. There are many different TQ main bodies.

Step one!

Get the book on Carter carbs. It tells you basicly everything you ever wanted to know and something's you don't. LOL! At the rear of the book, it goes through a complete step by step "How to rebuild" your carb and it covers all four Carter 4bbl. carbs.

Step two!

Find a good carb cleaner! That in itself is a search. I have found that brake cleaner is good. Elbow grease is needed often. The problem is decent cleaner has go away.

One note of concern, should your shafts be loose and/or leak, you'll need to bush the shafts. For me, that is a trip to the machinists.

Rusty Ratrod (Bobby) can rebuild these. Ask him if he minds making a few bucks.

Your 1,000 CFM unit was only a race carb that NEVER made a production vehicle or special order car like a cop car or taxi. However, it may have been placed there after the cops had it.
The 1,000 CFM units are easy to identify via a look down the primary side. Take note on how many rings the booster has. If it is missing a ring, AKA, only has one ring, then it is the race 1,000 unit.

Look at the drivers side rear carb mounting pad for the numbers stamped on the pads side.
Cross ref. these numbers with the "Vannth" guide. While it is not complete or 100% correct, it is Danm good and the best we got.
The carb pads number is also the number needed to order a kit.

thanks for the info rumbelfish, i'll have to check it out. i dont have an app. for that TQ yet but one day.

Well, I say, since the weather is getting nicer, try out your SS and rebuild it, swap it out for what your running and see how you do. The tuff part about running a TQ is tuning parts and retard comments.

Ya might just like it. Enjoy.

Thanks for the kind words, Rob. Looks like a nice carburetor so here's you another BUMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back