• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A bird in the hurricane

The photo I saw was just the rear of the Superbird. I didn't know about The Daytona. You figure that they are insured but you have your heart and soul in your cars and something happens to them it's just devastating.

The photo I saw was just the rear of the Superbird. I didn't know about The Daytona. You figure that they are insured but you have your heart and soul in your cars and something happens to them it's just devastating.
There is multiple threads posted..This one shows a lot of pictures and even a aftermath video with the owner.
A bird in the hurricane

Last edited:
I am saddened to see the destruction this storm has brought to our friends and family in Florida. Never could we have imagined. It will be rebuilt but it will take time. As car guys we are always surfing the internet for the next ride or just curious as to what is for sale out there. So many ads are for classics cars in many makes coming out of Florida. I would be hesitant to consider anything for sale unless you inspected the vehicle in person. We know so many cars are purchased sight unseen and the last thing you want when the enclosed trailor arrives is to find you bought something that was underwater. Stay well and safe everyone.

Looks like the winged cars are fixable but can't understand why people would leave then in harms way. Years ago when Ike came in this guy left his collection of cars in a low area and they all got swamped......imo, dumb ***!! When I got flooded at my old place, the cars were all up on jack stands and none of them got damaged. The house on the other hand didn't do so well. Agreed I be handing keys out to people to drive to safety on higher ground or call transports a week before to get them our

Ill take back what I said. To bad all involved had to go through that.

After seeing the pictures and watching the interview video I figured out who the owner was. I thought the guy looked familiar and was watching Graveyard Cars
and a guy by the name Micheal Walton that lives in Fort Walton Florida was having a 1969 Charger Daytona restored that he had owned since he was 16 years old.
In the interview video after the hurricane, he said his name was Mike and he had another 1969 Daytona that is Hemi Orange with black wing and black interior.
This is the car that was on Graveyard Cars. I'm not sure when the original video aired on TV but I found the video on YouTube.
here is the interview video.
Turns out it wasn’t photoshopped
Graveyard Cras Video
WE FOUND THIS SURPRISE WHEN WE REMOVED A DAYTONA WING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 50 YEARS.

Yeah, this topic has been beaten to death, just sayin.

Where have you been for the last week?

Wow, what a shame!

1664992935527.png
1664992974226.png

OMG

WTF

LOL

When did that happen?

Looks photoshopped to me, the shadows are all wrong :D
Have you seen the video interview with the owner? It's on one of the half dozen threads about it here on FBBO. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Auto Transport Service
Back