• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A body sport mirrors on a b-body

Crider

Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
Anyone here ever used the dual a-body sport mirrors on a 68-69 road runner? I have a pair that has been laying in the shed for ages and was thinking of putting them on my 69 when I get to that stage. Just wondering if anyone had pics of them on a b-body car?

Not really A-body Sport Mirrors. They came factory on 1970 B-body cars. So google that you should find some pics...

Ok. thanks. Didn't know that

Not really A-body Sport Mirrors. They came factory on 1970 B-body cars. So google that you should find some pics...
That sounds correct. I had some on my 70 when I bought it, though I'm not sure if they were factory. Anybody know the code for them?

Must have been a pretty rare option. I've spent the last 20 minutes looking through 70 RR and Gtx pics on google. None had the mirrors

That sounds correct. I had some on my 70 when I bought it, though I'm not sure if they were factory. Anybody know the code for them?

Don't know the code but it was a "mid" year option (Maybe March?) that came out with dual colored sport mirrors so I would assume at that point the chrome ones became available.

Here is a 70 Charger with Dual sport Painted mirrors. I am sure members will post thier cars. @chargervert probably has one that does and knows the code...

pink.sized.jpg

Must have been a pretty rare option. I've spent the last 20 minutes looking through 70 RR and Gtx pics on google. None had the mirrors

Came on Superbird, Charger, Super Bee, Sport Satellite and Coronet R/T also...

G31 OS RH Manual Standard Mirror
G32 OS RH Manual Racing Mirror (1970-71)
G33 OS LH Remote Standard Mirror (1969)
G33 OS LH Remote Racing Mirror (1970-71)
G34 OS LH Remote Racing Mirror (1970-71)
G35 Delete Standard Outside Mirror
G36 OS Dual Racing Mirrors (1970-71)
G37 OS Dual Racing Mirrors (1971)
G41 Day/Night Rear-View Mirror (1970-71)
G42 Non Day/Night Rear-view Mirror (1970-71)

Press the go-pedal on your Google a bit harder......

upload_2018-4-1_17-5-34.png

That's my car - '70 GTX with left hand Remote Racing Mirror....also have a matching right hand mirror - but never fitted to the car. No codes specifically on the tag, but I have a photo of the car when it was barely 2 years old, and the original owner never messed with the car - to him it was just a car.

G31 OS RH Manual Standard Mirror
G32 OS RH Manual Racing Mirror (1970-71)
G33 OS LH Remote Standard Mirror (1969)
G33 OS LH Remote Racing Mirror (1970-71)
G34 OS LH Remote Racing Mirror (1970-71)
G35 Delete Standard Outside Mirror
G36 OS Dual Racing Mirrors (1970-71)
G37 OS Dual Racing Mirrors (1971)
G41 Day/Night Rear-View Mirror (1970-71)
G42 Non Day/Night Rear-view Mirror (1970-71)

Thank you BeepBeep....so I have a question since I'm no numbers expert. For my 70 RR, it "looks" like my side mirror options may have been:
a. standard (one standard, non-adjustable driver's mirror)
b. G35 mirror delete
c. G33/G34 driver's remote racing mirror (maybe body color or chrome???)
d. G36 dual racing mirrors (body color? chrome? remote on driver's side?)

I'm not sure on my car's codes (have to look). I want to have a passenger side mirror for safety & I think I have a 69 (?) setup on mine now with a round adjustable driver's side & a round manual passenger side. I want to have my mirrors "year correct" if not original. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Sadly, in one of the boxes of parts I got with my totaled car 30 yrs. ago, there were two chrome sport mirrors (I think both manual) that I pitched thinking they were aftermarket :(

Every picture I saw of the sport mirrors were on a e-body never once saw a b-body with them. And some A bodies like Dusters.

Every picture I saw of the sport mirrors were on a e-body never once saw a b-body with them. And some A bodies like Dusters.

Those Mirrors are 70 E-body ONLY not 70 B or A-body. The 70 B-body and 70-up A-body are the same mirrors.... The only difference between the B and A body between models is the remote cable length on cars that have a wing window the cable is short and the cars that have all glass the cable is long.....

Those Mirrors are 70 E-body ONLY not 70 B or A-body. The 70 B-body and 70-up A-body are the same mirrors.... The only difference between the B and A body between models is the remote cable length on cars that have a wing window the cable is short and the cars that have all glass the cable is long.....
Very cool information. Can you give us some more detail? Which mirrors are E-body only? What do the A/B-body mirrors look like in comparison to the E-body mirrors?

FBBO member Darius has them on his 70 GTX.

My mirror has a different pedestal to the E Body. I'll dig out some closeups later on.

The a and b body version bolts on to the top of the doors. The later b body and e body ones bolt on to the side of the doors. Different pedestals

Very cool information. Can you give us some more detail? Which mirrors are E-body only? What do the A/B-body mirrors look like in comparison to the E-body mirrors?

Here is a set of NOS 70 E-body mirrors... note the bases how different they are. The "heads" are the same. 1st pic is Passenger side 2nd is Drivers side remote...

IMG_9023.JPG
IMG_9030.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back