• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A body sport mirrors on a b-body

Thanks kiwi & quick! OK, so a follow up question.... on a 70 Roadrunner, were the Sport Mirrors available as adjustable driver/manual passenger (code G36)? And, were they painted like quick's Charger or only chrome like kiwi's GTX?

The mirrors I pitched many years ago looked just like kiwi's (except both manual) :(

Thanks kiwi & quick! OK, so a follow up question.... on a 70 Roadrunner, were the Sport Mirrors available as adjustable driver/manual passenger (code G36)? And, were they painted like quick's Charger or only chrome like kiwi's GTX?

The mirrors I pitched many years ago looked just like kiwi's (except both manual) :(

They never made a manual "sport" mirror on the driver side all were remote so only available as adjustable driver/manual passenger. As far as whether they were chrome or not depends on what was ordered...

The passenger (right) side that I have tucked away in a box somewhere is totally manual to adjust. Both are chrome. The remote cable on the drivers side is quite short - as in only just long enough to reach the hole.

Here are the best pics I can find at the moment of my car with rally mirrors on both sides. I tried to modify an E body passenger side unit by changing the base but it just wouldn't work. I was trying for remote control on the passenger side. I actually have a set of Ralleys from a 76 Córdoba or something that had them in both sides. I bought them because of the remote cables but I just couldn't get them to fit on the car correctly so I used A body Ralleys and live with the manual adjustment. When I replaces the mirror glass I made the control very stiff so it would stay in adjustment. Works fine.

IMG_5483.JPG IMG_5491.JPG

The passenger (right) side that I have tucked away in a box somewhere is totally manual to adjust. Both are chrome. The remote cable on the drivers side is quite short - as in only just long enough to reach the hole.
The new owner of my GTX took the plunge and had the left hand mirror fitted - the one I had tucked away for 20 years....
upload_2019-1-15_22-38-54.png

upload_2019-1-15_22-40-5.png

upload_2019-1-15_22-40-15.png

Thanks to @Darius for the measurements and confidence to do this job. :thumbsup:

69006F38-1182-4DDB-9326-3F707BCA8BA8.jpeg
9CCD4698-C54F-4512-8AFC-EC0ACC07C0CE.jpeg
I went ahead and used the pair I had too

Auto Transport Service
Back